From the Independent U.K.
23rd August 2009

“The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious.” -Marcus Aurelius
In the past few months, riots in several countries resulting in many deaths and millions in damages and other costs have resulted from mere rumors of ‘desecration’ of a Koran such as in Greece and most horribly as an excuse to savage a Christian community in Pakistan.
Again, from simple rumors of treating a Koran in other than a holy manner, tearing it or spitting on it etc. resulted in large riots, deaths and damaged property including burning many homes to the ground.
How about the nonsense that resulted from a US soldier who was alleged to do target practice on a Koran he found in a garbage can. Or the ‘Koran down the toilet’ nonsense.
I am willing to bet anything there will be exactly no riots or anything other than mere lip service and probably not even that, from Muslims about using Koran’s to smuggle heroin.
H/T mats with thanks
12:48pm UK, Thursday August 20, 2009
Heroin bags were found hidden in the pages of the Koran
Custom officials at Jakarta’s international airport seized the book, the religious text of Islam, as it arrived by DHL express mail delivery from Cambodia on Tuesday.
Their suspicions were raised when a routine X-ray of the parcel exposed a series of holes in the book.
A closer inspection revealed 60 grams of heroin secreted in four small plastic bags near its front and back covers.
Police valued the hoard at 600 million rupiah, or £35,000.
Stash was valued at £35,000
Maman Sulaeman, head of customs at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, said an Indonesian man was arrested soon after the discovery.
“He claimed that he was just a courier and that he did not know the contents of the package,” Mr Sulaeman said.
The suspect’s mother-in-law, thought to be an accomplice, was also apprehended.
The pair, from Jakarta, are now being held by the Indonesian National Police.
Under the country’s tough narcotics law, they could be sentenced to death if found guilty of attempted drugs smuggling.
“We don’t have to be tolerant all the time”. “Imagine a western woman bathing in a bikini in a Muslim country. The consequences could be decapitation, prison or deportation. We are merely prohibiting the use of the burqini”. Mayor Gianluca Buonanno, of Varallo Sesia, Italy.

Women wearing the garment made up of a veil, a tunic and loose leggings face a fine of 500 euros ($850) if spotted at swimming pools or riversides in the northern Piedmont town of Varallo Sesia, said the ANSA news agency today.
“The sight of a ‘masked woman’ could disturb small children not to mention problems of hygiene,” mayor Gianluca Buonanno was quoted as saying.
“We don’t have to be tolerant all the time,” he said.
Justifying the move, Mr Buonanno said: “Imagine a Western woman bathing in a bikini in a Muslim country. The consequences could be decapitation, prison or deportation. We are merely prohibiting the use of the burqini.”
Last week a swimming pool in Paris refused entry to a burqini-clad Muslim on similar grounds, adding to tensions over Muslim dress in France.
The incident came as French MPs conducted hearings on whether to ban the burqa after President Nicolas Sarkozy said the head-to-toe body covering and veil was “not welcome” in France, home to Europe’s biggest Muslim minority.
Mr Buonanno belongs to Italy’s Northern League, a party allied with the centre-right People of Freedom led by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. It has backed several initiatives hostile to Muslims.


This story has a lot of meaning. I am pretty confident the Taliban would indeed allow a vote if they thought for a moment that they would win it. Chavez and Hamas for instance were OK with the election that got them in power. Not so much any subsequent one in a fair and democratic manner.
So what does this say? That contrary to many amateur analysts expounding, the Taliban are not popular amongst the Afghan people and that despite any Islamic issues we in the west may and do still have with the people of Afghanistan they do not like nor desire the Taliban as a political/criminal/political entity, nor could they be expected to, given how they treat the Afghans at every opportunity, when in a position to do so.
KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) — Making good on a threat of election day violence, the Taliban sliced off the index fingers of at least two people in Kandahar province, according to a vote monitoring group.
After they cast their ballots, the fingers of Afghan voters are stained with ink to prevent them from voting multiple times. The fingers of the two women in Kandahar, a stronghold of the Taliban, were cut off because they voted, said Nader Naderi of the Free and Fair Election Foundation.
The Taliban had vowed to disrupt Thursday’s election and the risk was too great for some Afghans to venture out, especially in the southern provinces that form the heartland of the radical Islamist group. Continue Reading →
Taliban ‘cut off fingers of two Afghan voters’
Afghanistan election monitors are reporting irregularities and violence – including an attack on voters with ink-stained fingers.
Taliban militants cut off the ink-stained fingers of two Afghan voters in the militant south during the presidential election, the country’s top election monitoring group said today.
Two voters who had dipped their index fingers in purple ink – a fraud prevention measure – were attacked in Kandahar province shortly after voting on Thursday, according to Nader Nadery, the head of the Free and Fair Election Foundation of Afghanistan.
Rumours that militants would cut off voters’ ink-stained fingers spread before the vote following threats from the Taliban.
Nadery said his group also saw widespread problems with election officials pressuring people to vote for certain candidates. Election monitors also saw voters carrying boxes of voter cards to polling sites, he said, allowing them to vote multiple times. There were also problems with underage voting and election officials being ejected from polling stations by representatives of candidates. Continue Reading →
From The National Post.
Peter Goodspeed, National Post Published: Friday, August 21, 2009
Umit Bektas/Reuters Muslims in Turkey attend Friday prayers during the first day of Ramadan.
The Muslim holy month often coincides with a spike in violence.
—————-
More than one billion Muslims mark the start of Ramadan on Friday – their holiest month of the year, devoted to prayer, fasting and charity.
But for a small minority, it is also regarded as an auspicious time to escalate violence in the name of jihad.
As a result, experts expect a surge in terrorism attacks during Ramadan, when most Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset in a spiritual exercise that teaches discipline, self-restraint and generosity.
This week, in the run-up to Ramadan, hundreds of Muslims were murdered in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Yemen and Somalia.
Seven massive car bombs exploded in Iraq on Wednesday, killing 96 people and injuring 536; yesterday four suicide bombers attacked police posts in Chechnya, just days after a bomb outside a police station in neighbouring Ingushetia killed 25 people and injured 160. Fierce fighting also exploded in Somalia on Friday, killing 22 people, as Islamist rebels launched a Ramadan offensive against African Union peacekeepers in Mogadishu. Continue Reading →
I highly recommend going over to Political Islam and signing up for one or all of his newsletters. He has a crew of talented and tireless volunteers who work hard to make certain important facts known which are utterly neglected by Western media. Facts which in the days before the West lost it’s moral compass, we would not have allowed to stand unchallenged.
Here is the most recent one on Christian Persecution.
North America
July 24, 2009
Washington. D.C., USA
Reps. Frank Wolf and Anna Eshoo expressed concern for the security of Iraq’s Christians in a letter to Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki.
July 27, 2009
Dearborn, MI, USA
A Muslim high school principal fired the hall-of-fame Christian wrestling coach because a student wrestler converted from Islam to Christianity.
August 2, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
An airport chapel removed Christian symbols and installed a large compass facing Mecca on the floor.
August 3, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia, USA
The Islamic Saudi Academy’s expansion plans were approved. When the Academy was a Christian school such plans were denied, citing zoning ordinances. Many are concerned that the school’s teaching materials still incite hatred and violence.
August 10, 2009
Washington, D.C., USA
USCIRF issued a letter to President Obama urging him to raise concerns over religious freedom and human rights during his visit with Egyptian President Mubarak. The Institute on Religion and Public Policy issued a similar letter (8/16).
August 11, 2009
Orlando, FL, USA
A teen girl from Sri Lanka who converted to Christianity ran away from her Ohio home for fear of being killed by her father for apostasy. Video here .
UPDATE: The girl’s father speaks out.
August 10, 2009
Washington, D.C., USA
Rep. Janice Schakowsky sent a letter to the Secretary of State asking her to address the “ongoing ethno-religious cleansing of Iraq’s Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac Christian community” in Iraq.
August 13, 2009
Washington, D.C., USA
Coptic Americans announced plans to hold a rally in Washington, D.C. during Mubarak’s state visit on the 18th.
August 13, 2009
Egypt
The Coalition of Coptic Organizations issued a letter to President Obama, stating that peace in the Middle East is inseparably linked to peace for the Copts of Egypt. The Alliance of Egyptian Americans echoed their call to confront Mubarak over human rights issues on 8/17.
August 18, 2009
Washington, D.C., USA
A heated debate broke out at a press conference between Egyptian Copts and Muslims when a Coptic panelist decried human right abuses under Sharia.
Africa Continue Reading →
BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS H/T Bill Warner Political Islam
Legendary Christian coach canned after student converts
Muslim principal allegedly irate that wrestler left Islam to be baptized
2009 WorldNetDaily
![]() Fordson High School, Dearborn, Mich. |
A high school hall-of-fame and Christian wrestling coach in Dearborn, Mich., claims he was muscled out of his long-tenured coaching job by the school’s principal, a devout Muslim, because the administrator was furious over a student wrestler who had converted to Christianity from Islam.
Gerald Marsazalek has coached wrestling for 35 years at Dearborn Public Schools, amassing more than 450 wins and, in addition to being added to the Michigan High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame, was named “Sportsman of the Year” by the All-American Athletic Association.
Despite Marsazalek’s success, however, Principal Imad Fadlallah of Dearborn’s Fordson High School ordered the administration not to renew the coach’s contract, allegedly in retaliation over the student’s conversion and to continue a campaign of flushing Christianity out of the school.
“We are getting a glimpse of what happens when Muslims who refuse to accept American values and principles gain political power in an American community,” said Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, which is representing Marsazalek. “Failure to renew coach Marszalek’s contract had nothing to do with wrestling and everything to do with religion.” Continue Reading →
Anyone wishing to know how we feel about the contents of this video may wish to read, ‘The Agenda and Views of This Site’ as I wrote about multiple aspects of this video in that statement of purpose some time ago now.
BBC NEWS…Iran’s defence minister-designate is on an Interpol “wanted” list over the 1994 bombing of a Jewish centre in Argentina, the agency has confirmed.
It says it has had a “red notice” for Ahmad Vahidi since 2007 over the Buenos Aires attack that killed 85 people.
Interpol uses red notices to inform its 187 member countries that an arrest warrant has been issued for an individual by a judicial authority.
Israel and Argentina have expressed concern over Mr Vahidi’s nomination.
“This is yet another of [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad’s actions that prove he is a person you cannot deal with,” Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Andy David told Bloomberg.
“It’s significant, this nomination, but no surprising,” Argentine prosecutor Alberto Nisman told the Associated Press.
“Iran has always protected terrorists, giving them government posts, but I think never one as high as this one,” he said.
Tehran rejected the criticism as a “Zionist plot”.
Iranian lawmakers still have to confirm the 21-member cabinet proposed on Wednesday by Mr Ahmadinejad – the declared winner of June’s disputed presidential elections.
But the nomination of Mr Vahidi is another sign of Mr Ahmadinejad’s defiance of the West, the BBC’s Caroline Hawley says.
‘Key participant’
Interpol says that Mr Vahidi has been on its “red notice” list since November 2007.
The move to publish the notice for Mr Vahidi – along with five other people – followed a request by the Argentine authorities.
Mr Vahidi – who was deputy defence minister during Mr Ahmadinejad’s first term in office – is accused of involvement in the bombing of the Israeli-Argentine Mutual Association (AMIA) building in Buenos Aires.
It was the worst attack on a Jewish target outside Israel since World War II.
Mr Nisman said that Mr Vahidi, who led a unit of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard known as the Quds Force at the time of the attack, was accused of “being a key participant in the planning and of having made the decision to go ahead with the attack” against the AMIA.
“It has been demonstrated that Vahidi participated in and approved of the decision to attack AMIA during the meeting in Iraq on 14 August 1993”, the prosecutor said.
Iran on Friday rejected Argentina’s allegations.
“How come they didn’t bring it up in the past?” President Ahmadinejad’s press adviser, Ali Akbar Javanfekr, told the AFP.
“Mr Vahidi was a deputy defence minister and this is very senior political position. Therefore it seems that this is a new trick being planned and is basically a Zionist plot,” he added.
Interpol says it uses “red notices” – or international-wanted persons alerts – to inform its members that an arrest warrant has been issued for an individual by a judicial authorities.
Interpol says that the individuals concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions and Interpol’s role is to assist national police.
It stresses that its notices are not international warrants.

The sketch above depicts Yale Univ. publisher Donatich wearing an academic beret instead of the turban depicted in one of those 12 famous Danish cartoons. I sent the sketch to him and to Brandeis' Jytte Klausen, whose book on the Danish affair was originally going to contain those 12 cartoons. Neither responded. COWARDICE is rampant in academe. FEAR is the greater shaker of black robes.
If indeed this is how it looks, one can rest assured had non ‘Asians’ randomly attacked Muslims etc. it would not only not be covered up, it would be very widely used as a way of discrediting some political parties and advancing others. First, a scan of the newspaper article from Aug. 19
This is a very serious allegation, so while it may appear that I am being overly cautious in my language, it is because if it is true that police and the state did cover up this outrage, people have a right to treat the state as hostile to the people of England. This is very, very serious. If it is not true, if this ‘race riot’ did not happen, then whoever began this rumor is guilty of a serious crime.
Other links to this story:
Digitalspy has more info about the paper etc:
Most other links I have found are redundant. I have not yet found any first hand accounts yet. This is developing and again, should be treated with caution. Lionheart has this story up and he is very cautious and a reliable source as well as a well motivated one. Lionheart has worked hard to distance himself from the unsavory elements of the ‘Anti Jihad’ and is worthy of respect and has earned credibility on this.
The paper is reputed to be ‘The London Sun, Aug 17 page 25’
There is nothing in the online edition. This is strictly the print version which carried this story.
We will of course, update this as more information becomes available. Indeed, I hope this is a hoax. If it is true that the UK actively works to keep the people of England selectively ignorant for whatever ostensibly noble sounding reason, there may well be a certain tree that needs watering with a certain liquid from free men and tyrants in the U.K.
—————–MORE————
According to a Vladtepes source in the UK:
The Muslims attacked (the pub) twice, the first time they were beaten off, but they returned. The police make no arrests and just harassed the local (non ‘Asian’) Brits.
‘We had no alternative’ say police and council
View Gallery Published Date: 21 August 200
‘We had no alternative’ say police and council
The Home Office has issued a ban on any unofficial marches taking place in Luton for the next three months.
The ban was granted to Beds Police and Luton Borough Council, who feared a planned ‘anti-extremism’ march on September 19 would mean a repeat of violent scenes from earlier in the year.
Several ‘marches’ have taken place in Luton in response to disruption caused by Islamic extremists at the homecoming parade for the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Anglian Regiment, nicknamed the Poachers, on March 10.
The most recent, in May, saw protestors clash with police and cause damage to cars and a takeaway shop. A man was also assaulted.
The ban, granted under the Public Order Act, prohibits “any procession or march involving members or supporters of, but not limited to, the English Defence League, UK Casuals United, March For England and United People of Luton” from marching in the town without having made a formal application to Luton Borough Council.
The English Defence League is behind the September 19 event, postponed from the August Bank Holiday weekend, but they have not applied for permission to hold the event.
The league’s members want to march in protest at the fact that Luton was not included in the battalion’s ‘All the 4s’ 10-day charity march through several towns and cities, which ends in Hertford on Sunday.
Chief Superintendent Andy Frost, Divisional Commander for Luton, said a significant police presence would be in place to uphold the ban, adding: “The risk the proposed marches pose to public safety has left us with no alternative but to apply for a banning order.”
CBC NEWS… At least 24 people are dead after Islamist insurgents battled government forces and African Union peacekeepers in Mogadishu Friday.
The bloodshed comes a day after fighting killed at least 40 people in central Somalia as both sides tried to gain control of strategic towns.
Rebels launched a pre-dawn attack Friday on an African Union base, sparking the firefight. Residents hid in their homes as mortars slammed into the city.
Government troops and African Union peacekeepers control only a few blocks of Mogadishu, but that includes key government buildings as well as the port and airport. The insurgents control the most of rest of Somalia.
The country has been thrown into anarchy since warlords overthrew dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991, then turned on each other. President Sheik Sharif Ahmed, elected in January, has been unable to unite the country’s feuding factions.
The al-Shabab insurgent group operates openly in the capital, seeking to overthrow the government and impose a strict form of Islam in Somalia.