‘A victory for common sense’: Cafe owner wins extractor fan appeal after neighbour claimed ‘smell of bacon offends Muslims’

MAILONLINE

A cafe owner who was ordered to tear down an extractor fan because the smell of bacon offended Muslims was celebrating a ‘victory for commons sense’ today.

Beverley Akciecek has won her appeal against the ruling by Stockport councillors.

Mrs Akciecek’s neighbour’s had claimed their Muslim friends were refusing to visit because they ‘couldn’t stand’  the odour.

And the Lib Dem-run council ruled the smell from the fan, which has been in Bev’s Snack Shack for more than three years, was ‘unacceptable on the grounds of residential amenity’ and told her to take it down.

But the mother-of-seven and her husband Cetin, 50, who is himself a Turkish Muslim, appealed the decision.

After a six-month legal battle, the Planning Inspectorate finally announced they had won their case.

The council will now have to pay all of Mrs Akciecek’s legal costs plus their own, which include the costs of planning reports, lawyers’ consultations and meetings. All will be met by the public purse.

She said today: ‘This a victory for common sense but we shouldn’t have been put through this in the first place. Continue Reading →

Toronto man found guilty of terrorist bomb plot. Then released.

Well, he did promise not to try to kill any more Canadians. Had he and his brethren been successful in their plans, the streets of Toronto would have been littered with bodies for no other reason than Muslims hate the west. This little fact is again ignored by a judge that is to stupid to see the truth.  So I guess this man [who’s identity is protected by the same justice system that allowed him back into society] can now have a lovely welcome home, no longer imprisoned by the naive infidel.

from CBC.caccjail

A man belonging to the so-called Toronto 18 terror group was sentenced to 2½ years in prison Friday, becoming the first person convicted in a domestic terrorism trial in Canada.

The judge in Brampton, Ont., who sentenced the 21-year-old man declared that, with credit for his time already spent in custody, the man had served his time and could be freed.

The man was found guilty in September 2008 of participation in a terrorist group that was plotting to blow up buildings in downtown Toronto.

He was not a ringleader and his involvement included attending two terrorist training camps, shoplifting items from a Canadian Tire store and removing a surveillance camera.

In passing sentence, Justice John Sproat described the man’s crime as “very serious,” but also noted he had expressed genuine remorse.

In a letter to the court, the man promised to work hard to contribute to society and declared, “I do not believe in participating in violent acts against anyone.”

He was 17 at the time, so he was tried under youth justice laws. However, the judge found he had continued his activity with the terrorist group past his 18th birthday, so he was sentenced as an adult.

He also given three years probation, prohibited from owning weapons for 10 years and ordered to submit a DNA sample.

Identity remains protected

The media still cannot name him, because the judge granted a defence request Friday to keep the man’s identity shielded for a month while his lawyers have the chance to appeal his conviction.

Earlier this month, Saad Khalid, 22, pleaded guilty to aiding in the 2006 terrorist plot. He is expected to be sentenced in June.

The 18 men and youths were arrested in the Toronto area and detained following an investigation by CSIS, Canada’s spy agency.

Seven of those accused have since had their charges stayed or dropped. The remaining individuals have yet to stand trial.

The suspects face charges including participating in a terrorist group, receiving training from a terrorist group, providing training, and intending to cause an explosion that could cause serious bodily harm or death.

The offences allegedly took place between March and June 2006 in Mississauga and a rural township near Orillia, Ont.

The Crown alleges the group planned to bomb the CN Tower, the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Toronto CSIS office.

Defence minister urges more British Muslims to join armed forces

cartoon_marek_fox_henhouseFrom the “you’ve got to be fucking kidding me” files.

Gaurdian Post. U.K.

Defence minister urges more British Muslims to join armed forces

The defence minister, Bob Ainsworth, has appealed to British Muslims to join the armed forces, saying that it was “vitally important that our army, navy and air force are reflective of the hugely diverse society in which we live”. Continue Reading →

Obama’s Muslim Outreach

obama-muslimbyTed Belmanof the Canada Free Press

One year ago I wrote about Obama’s Muslim connection. No matter how strong this connection was, the main stream media and ultimately Jewish Americans ignored it.

“The person who made me proudest of all,” Obama wrote, “was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol.”

On February 27th, Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth.”

Although Obama played the Christian card while campaigning, he is playing the Muslim card now in such a blatant fashion that even I am astounded.

Here is his record to date after inauguration,

  • Obama’s first call was to Mahmoud Abbas who is not even a head of state. Obama was delivering a message to Israel and the world.
  • Obama’s first interview, within days of inauguration, was with the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya Networks In it her stressed his own Muslim ties and his hopes for a Palestinian state. His message was “U.S. not your enemy”

    “And as I said during my inauguration speech, if countries like Iran are willing to unclench their fist, they will find an extended hand from us,” Continue Reading →

Pakistan: Christian girls kidnapped; captors file for custody, claiming girls converted to Islam

Pakistan: Christian girls kidnapped; captors file for custody, claiming girls converted to Islam

And the police weren’t about to be of any help without outside pressure: The girls’ father “was told to ‘remain silent,’ as the officers said the girls had embraced Islam in a written statement.”

“Pakistan: Girls kidnapped, allegedly forced to convert,” from Compass Direct News, July 11:

ISTANBUL, July 11 (Compass Direct News) – A Christian father in Pakistan is in a legal battle with kidnappers for the custody of his pre-teen daughters, who allegedly have been forced to convert to Islam.

Yesterday a judge in Pakistan’s Punjab province ordered further investigation into the kidnapping of Saba Younis, 12, and Aneela Younis, 10, who went missing on June 26 in the small town of Chowk Munda. The kidnappers filed for custody of the girls at the local police house on June 28, stating that the sisters had converted to Islam and their father no longer had jurisdiction over them.

When the father of the two girls, Younis Masih, was summoned to the police house to testify, police initially refused to file a case against the kidnappers – Muhammed Arif, Abjad Ali, taxi driver Muhammed Asraf and an unidentified fourth man – who are known to belong to a powerful human trafficking ring. Instead, human rights activists told Compass, Masih was told to “remain silent,” as the officers said the girls had embraced Islam in a written statement.

It was not until yesterday that, with the help of advocates and the Human Rights and Minorities Affairs Ministry, Masih filed an official complaint at the local police house. […]

Ashfaq Fateh, a Christian advocate who established contact with Masih this week, said that the girls’ Catholic family had not received threats for their faith. He asserted, however, that the kidnapping was a religious matter.

“Being weaker and belonging to the Christian community, the girls were kidnapped,” he said.

Saba and Aneela Younis, the youngest of eight children, were kidnapped while on their way to see their uncle.

“The kidnapping of my daughters has made me feel insecure in the country,” Masih told Fateh in a telephone conversation. “My Muslim countrymen think we [Christians] are not human beings. They think we do not have dignity.”

“This happens every day,” Tahir said of the kidnappings of Pakistani children and unjust treatment toward Christians, “because we are marginalized and downtrodden people.”

Christian teenager died after having abortion to avoid upsetting Muslim boyfriend’s family

Christian teenager died after having abortion to avoid upsetting Muslim boyfriend’s family

(From Dhimmiwatch)

Honor, or the appearance of honor, is all. From the Daily Mail, June 12 (thanks to all who sent this in):

A teenage Christian who had an abortion to avoid conflict with her Muslim boyfriend’s family died a fortnight after the procedure.A-level student Manon Jones, 18, aborted the pregnancy at six weeks but became increasingly ill in the days following the termination She told family members she felt light-headed and was bleeding heavily, an inquest heard today.

Miss Jones, who studied and lived in Bristol, returned home alone from a holiday abroad as her condition deteriorated. The teenager, from south Caernarvon, in Wales, booked a taxi and admitted herself to Southmead Hospital, in Bristol, on June 23, 2005. She died four days later.

Speaking at Flax Bourton Village Hall today, Miss Jones’s tearful mother Llywela, from Bangor, in North Wales, told the inquest her ‘bubbly’ daughter was a keen member of the local church’s youth club and regularly attended chapel.

Mrs Jones said: ‘Manon found it very hard to make a decision to terminate the pregnancy. She wanted to keep the child but there were difficult circumstances which she had to consider with her boyfriend’s family and their Muslim religion.’…

In some cases the honor vice pays to virtue comes at a very high price.