Israel dismisses accusation of involvement in Egypt attack

Now both Iran and Egypt officially blame Israel for the attack on the border point in Egypt yesterday.

Yahoo News:

Reuters

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Israel on Monday dismissed a claim by Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood that it was in any way involved in a deadly attack on a police station in Sinai a day earlier in which 16 policemen were killed. “Even the person who says this when he looks at himself in the mirror does not believe the nonsense he is uttering,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said. The Muslim Brotherhood…

Click to continue:

Related: Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood declares the ‘Islamist’ attackers as ‘infidels’

RAFAH, Egypt (Reuters) – Egypt branded Islamist gunmen who killed 16 police near the Israeli border as “infidels” and promised on Monday to launch a crackdown following the massacre that has strained Cairo’s ties with both Israel and Palestinians.

An Egyptian official said jihadist militants crossed into Egypt from the Gaza Strip before attacking the border station on Sunday. They then stole two vehicles and headed to nearby Israel, where they were eventually killed by Israeli fire.

Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said on Monday that up to eight assailants died in the attack, adding that he hoped the incident would serve as a “wake-up call” to Egypt, accused by Israel of having lost control of the desert Sinai peninsula.

Click to continue:

The strategy for utilizing Iranians living in Canada for the benefit of the Islamic Republic of Iran:

The following is our English translation of a Persian article from ‘Radio Farda’, an Iranian news agency about a report of Abolfazl Eslami,  an ex-diplomat from Iran working at the embassy in Japan who reveals that Iran uses embassies to recruit and interfere in Iranian and Muslim lives for their own benefit. In his report, Abolfazl Eslami indicates that he will release a more detailed report in the coming days.

Also this report does not seem to have any concrete evidence or better documentation to back up the allegations. The only fact that gives the report any credence is that the writer himself was a former Iranian diplomat.

Shabnam and for Shadi

Word by word translation of the article by~ Shadi Paveh and Shabnam Assadollahi

 

The strategy for utilizing Iranians living in Canada for the benefit of the Islamic Republic of Iran:

Reprted by Abolfazl Eslami , ex-Diplomat of Iran

For the past two years the author of the article had observed how the Iranians living in Canada are being utilized by the (Iranian) Intelligent Services, Zahra Kazemi’s killing at Evin prison, the sabotaging of the case, the direct involvement of the prosecutor, Judge Mortazavi in closing of the case and utilizing Iranians living in Canada in regards to this case.

Abolfazl Eslami (Ex- Diplomat of Iran), in a two part report describes how the Iranians residing in Canada are being utilized for the advantage of the IRI regime.

Part one:

In his recent statement, the Cultural Attaché of the Islamic republic of Iran in Canada  the use of Iranians residing in Canada for the interest of the regime was mentioned  which resulted in a very strong criticism by the Canadian government; to the extent that the closing of the Embassy was brought up and the bank accounts of some Iranian-Canadians were closed.

Although Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi, and Sheikh Hassani’s Charge d’Affaires hastily denied utilizing the Iranians residing in Canada for the regime’s interests, but the truth is that the Islamic Republic has been present in Canada and other countries for years, and has veraciously perused using the Iranians abroad for its own gain but because of the sensitivity of government agencies the politics of this have been kept confidential and secret thus so far no documents have been leaked.

Now that Hamid Mohammadi, the Cultural Attaché, after years let the curtain drop and unveiled one of the sealed secrets of the regime with his remarks, and because of public opinion the government of Canada criticized the Islamic Republic, it is necessary to do a report on the details and methods of how Iranians and Muslim immigrants are being used so that those Iranians and Muslim immigrants who have no knowledge of the regime’s intentions and motives are educated about every which way that they can be taken advantage of and are warned.

Continue Reading →

‘Don’t interfere’: Ottawa warns Iranian embassy over alleged recruitment of expats in Canada

National Post:

  Jul 11, 2012 – 1:30 AM ET | Last Updated: Jul 11, 2012 3:22 AM ET

Jennifer Campbell / The Ottawa Citizen

Jennifer Campbell / The Ottawa Citizen

A spokesperson for Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said Tuesday that the Iranian Embassy (pictured) “should not interfere” in Iranian-Canadians’ choices. Canada’s Foreign Affairs department issued a warning Tuesday to Iranian diplomats who are allegedly using their Ottawa embassy to recruit Iranian-Canadians to serve the Islamic Republic’s interests.

“Iranian-Canadians have rejected the oppressive Iranian regime and have chosen to come to Canada to build better lives,” a spokesperson for Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said in a statement to the National Post. “The Iranian Embassy should not interfere in their choices. Canadian security organizations will act to prevent threats and intimidation of Canadians.”

Click to continue:

Envoy’s call to Iranians in Canada raises fear of terror recruitment

Fox:

UNITED NATIONS –  The prospect of Iran using its embassy in Canada to mobilize Islamic Republic loyalists to attack the U.S. is raising alarm among terrorism experts after an official there issued a call to arms for expatriates to infiltrate the Canadian government and be ready to advance the interests of their homeland.

Details of the Iranian recruitment program came to light in a chilling interview Hamid Mohammadi, the Iranian cultural affairs counselor at the embassy in Ottawa, gave in Farsi to an Iran-based website directed exclusively at Iranians living in Canada. In addition to raising alarms in Canada, Mohammadi’s message got the attention of U.S. terror watchdogs, who noted that radicalized Iranians would be just an easy border crossing from the American heartland, since Canadian citizens do not need a visa and typically face just a few questions from U.S. border officials.

Mohammadi said recent immigrants among the estimated 500,000 Iranians in Canada have “preserved their strong attachments and bonds to their homeland,” while second-generation Iranians are already in “influential government positions.” He urged all Iranian-Canadians to “resist being melted into the dominant Canadian culture” to aspire to “occupy high-level key positions” and said the embassy plans to extend its reach by offering “cultural programs” to Iranian immigrants and their descendants, who can then “be of service to our beloved Iran.”

Click to continue:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/09/iranian-fifth-column-in-canada-threat-to-us-say-terrorism-experts/#ixzz20BuitbMT

 

Kenya plot: Fears Iran widening covert war

UPI.COM:

The arrest of two Iranians in Kenya on suspicion of plotting bomb attacks has heightened fears that Tehran is widening its covert war against Israel and the United States.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is surrounded by his supporters as he leaves Mehrabad Airport on June 24, 2012 in Tehran, Iran. There are fears that Tehran is widening its covert war against Israel and the United States as Washington expands its secret intelligence operations across Africa. UPI/Maryam Rahmanian

License photo
Published: June 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM

NAIROBI, Kenya, June 28 (UPI) — The recent arrest of two Iranians in Kenya on suspicion of plotting bomb attacks has heightened fears that Tehran is widening its covert war against Israel and the United States as Washington expands its secret intelligence operations across Africa.

The Iranians have rarely mounted major covert or intelligence operations in Africa, although they have used Sudan as a key conduit for weapons destined for the Palestinian Hamas militants and their allies in the Gaza Strip in recent years.

But West Africa and the Horn of Africa have largely been operational areas for al-Qaida, a Sunni organization that’s religiously and ideologically opposed to Shiite Iran, and its Somali offshoot, al-Shabaab.

Kenya security authorities, aided by U.S. and British agents, arrested the two Iranians June 20 in Nairobi, the West African country’s capital. The men reportedly led authorities to a cache of 33 pounds of military-grade explosive, believed to be RDX.

Click to continue:

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2012/06/28/Kenya-plot-Fears-Iran-widening-covert-war/UPI-26981340910451/#ixzz1z9bYCxEB

 

Iranian influence operations in South america Part II

This is part II of an article translated from El Paiz by Michael Laudahn.

Please click here for Part I

On an intermediary level is where the iranian diplomats are acting, who have multiplied their activity and presence. This is particularly the case in Bolivia, where Iran has 145 diplomats accredited, more than the rest of the [total] diplomatic corps accredited in La Paz. Spain, with all of its historic relations and its commercial interests has a representation oscillating between 8 and 10 diplomats. Western diplomatic sources estimate that the number of iranian diplomats accredited to Venezuela is even larger. 

What is more important, the visits of high-ranking iranian officials to the subcontinent are constant, and often are accompanied by economic advantages for the countries visited. Last wednesday, iranian president Mahmud Ahmadineyad participated at the Sustainable Development conference in Rio de Janeiro, only to supplement his visit by a mini-roundtrip of South America, announced a few days ahead.  It is his second such tour in six months, and the fourth of a high-ranking iranian official during this same period.

In january, the iranaian ruler already visited Venezuela, Ecuador, Cuba and Nicaragua. In may, it was the turn of vicepresident Ali Saeidlo who made the same tour, on top including Bolivia. During their nicaraguan stopover, the iranian diplomats announced the cancellation of a debt which Managua had with Tehran. 

Days earlier, iranian defence minister Ahmad Vahidi had visited Bolivia, who inaugurated the Escuela de Defensa de la Alternativa Bolivariana para las Américas (ALBA), the organism of regional integration established through the personal initiative of Hugo Chávez.

An international arrest warrant is hanging over Vahidi, for his implication in the 1992 and 1994 Buenos Aires attacks against the embassy of Israel and the Asociación Mutual Israelita Argentina, which resulted in a total of 115 deaths. During their visits, the iranian representatives are being accompanied by Kanbiz Jalali, a diplomat possessing a vast experience of Latin America and being the responsible of the Directorate General for Latin America, created by the iranian foreign affairs ministry.  

Tehran is emphasising especially the subject of defence. In less than 24 hours, it signed a treaty on military aid with Bolivia and tolerated Chávez’ announcement in a sense that Venezuela is constructing unmanned planes, under the supervision of iranian engineers. Ramin Keshavarz, prominent member of the iranian Revolutionary Guard is charged to supervise the project.  Continue Reading →

Revolutionary Guards’ Terror Cells in U.S. Mosques

A Time to Betray:

Revolutionary Guards’ Terror Cells in U.S. Mosques

Written by Reza Kahlili on May 24th, 2012

05/24/2012

By: Reza Kahlili

Last week, CBN aired a special report on the possibility of an attack in the scale of 09/11 by Iranian assets here in America: “Will Iran Strike New York City on 9/11 Scale?

Erick Stakelbeck, the CBN News Terrorism Analyst, who put together the report, explained how Iranian diplomats and other assets are present in America and the possibility of an attack on U.S. soil.

The report included a statement by Congressman Peter King, who sits on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, that hundreds of operatives are in U.S. and that several Iranian diplomats stationed at the UN were involved in much more than it appeared as several of their associates were caught photographing sensitive sites. These people were removed from the UN mission and sent back to Iran.

Also in this report is my interview about how the Islamic regime uses Mosques in the U.S. as their operational centers and how they have done reconnaissance on key sites for terror attacks such as railroads, power plants, food distribution centers, water supplies, bridges, and others. Some of that information was also passed to the FBI.

Today, however, Mashregh news, the media outlet run by the Islamic regime’s Revolutionary Guards, has put up the CBN report with a title “Iranian Assets Present in U.S. Mosques for Terror Attacks,” with a full translation of the report, which even included the original video of the report.

Click to continue:

Report: Two More “Accidental” Explosions at Iran Nuke Sites

Right Side News:  

Saturday, 07 April 2012 00:00 Ryan Mauro

Michael Ledeen reports that the Natanz uranium enrichment site has been shut down after a mysterious blast happened “in the next-to-bottom level of the underground structure.” A second explosion has struck a site in Zarin Dasht that is used for producing warheads and missile fuel and 7 people are missing.

» If you like this article, please subscribe to Right Side News Daily

What is remarkable about these two alleged explosions is that they happened in the underground portions of the facilities—that is, the most secure parts. If foreign hands are responsible, then the Iranian regime must be panic-stricken.

An overview of these “accidental” explosions and mysterious assassinations makes it clear that a major campaign has been underway to damage the Iranian nuclear program. During the past 12 months:

  • March 2012: Explosion at Natanz enrichment site reportedly shuts down the facility. A second explosion is reported at a site related to missile fuel and warheads at Zarin Dasht.
  • January 11, 2012: Iranian nuclear scientist who worked at the Natanz site is killed.
  • December 11, 2011: Explosion at Yazd steel plant that reportedly is connected to the ballistic missile program.
  • Click to continue:

American in Cairo: Egyptian protesters wanted to trade us for terror leader

FOX News:

  • IRI_Egypt_embassy_mccain_graham.jpg

    Courtesy IRI

    February 2011: Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham met with International Republican Institute democracy workers John Tomlaszewski and Sam LaHood while they sought refuge at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo while facing trial in Egypt.

The pressure to detain democracy workers in Egypt was the work of remnants from former President Hosni Mubarak’s regime, but the calls for Americans’ heads by protesters outside the courthouse in Cairo show the country has a long way to go before achieving true democracy, said one of those Americans formerly trapped there.

John Tomaszewski, the deputy program director for the International Republican Institute in Egypt, said that while the mission of groups like the IRI and other nongovernmental organizations is to promote democracy, Egyptian demonstrators wanted to swap one of the most notorious terrorists in U.S. federal custody in exchange for lifting a travel ban imposed on the Americans.

  • tomlaszewski_john_IRI_Egypt.jpg

“There’s this longstanding demonstration camp, but the day of the trial this group of individuals had demonstrated outside of the courtroom — essentially saying ridiculous things like ‘trade the Americans for the blind sheik.’ And then hang the Egyptians who were accused, and this is how we’ll deal with this problem,” he told Fox News exclusively

Click to continue: