US Bill to declare the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist entity bumped up a level today Posted on February 24, 2016 by Eeyore — 11 Comments ↓ HT/M Here is a version with closed captions Who’s who on committee CFSP on this event Share this:FacebookTwitter
It’s a pity that closed captioning does not automatically work, presumably because of the sound quality. Here is English text about the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlwSge9v0vc& has a comment that includes:
On November 3rd Sen. Cruz (R-Texas) filed (S. 2230) and Rep. Diaz-Balart (R-Florida) filed (H.R.3892) both bills titled ‘‘Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act of 2015’’. These bills will require the Secretary of State to submit a report to Congress on the designation of the Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign terrorist organization, and for other purposes.
Will you take the time to read the bill and ask your two senators and House member to co-sponsor the bills?
Thanks to Martin for posting the Breitbart version, which has closed captions=English subtitles.
See also https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr3892 for who is on this House Committee.
Given the 6 or more MB members in the current administration this could get interesting.
Huma’s Mom is in the Muslim Sisterhood. Her whole family is up to their necks in the MB and no one is even denying it. Obama openly favors the MB over the current Egyptian government. This could get very interesting…
Is anyone ever going to ask why Hillary Clinton thought it was a good idea to have a possible Muslim Brotherhood operative as a personal assistant and give her access to the most top secret material in the United States Government through the office of the Secretary of State?
Here is a brief summery of the process to get a bill passed out of Congress to the President for signature.
1) Some Congresscritter introduces the bill into which ever house he or she is setting in.
2) It is referred to a committee, this is the first critical step since the committee has to agree that the bill should be debated. The committee it is referred to is critical, they have to be set up to look at the problem or area that the bill is connected to, one way to kill a bill is to refer it to the wrong committee. And committee chairperson can on their own kill the bill through various means.
3) If the committee decides to refer the bill to the entire House or Senate a time for the debate is set. Now comes the part where the real dirty politics can be played. Any member of the house doing the debating can add amendments to the bill. It takes work on the part of several members to stop amendments being added. The amendments can be ones to totally change what the bill says to ones that are unrelated to the main bill but are put on because someone whats tp get the amendment passed and think the bill will be passed to ones that are so expensive that they will kill the bill.
4) If the bill passes it is then referred to the the other house where one or more members have to introduce a similar bill. Then steps 1 through 3 are repeated in the second house of Congress.
5) Assuming it passes both houses a committee is set up to reconcile the two versions which are then submitted to both houses to pass as is or vote down.
6) If the bill passes it is given to the President to sign into law or veto.
7) If vetoed Congress then has to decide if they will over ride the veto they do this by having 2/3rds of the members of both houses vote to over ride the veto. This means 67 Senators and 265 members of the House are needed to over ride a veto.
Less then 10% of the Presidential vetos are over ridden so if this bill passes Congress and is vetoed don’t expect it to be over ridden.
Since this bill was introduced in an election year we can expect the Dems to try and bottle it up in committee and not let it get to the President until after the election. This is the least damaging action they can take but since it is an election year this may not work. There will be a lot of backroom deals being made to get this out of committee and into the main houses and then passed.
Like I said before this could get interesting, the same way putting a 30 pound cat in a pigeon coup can get interesting.
Most bills take several years to work through the process.
Thank-you for the nutshell. Hard to believe they get anything done.
Muslim Brotherhood Manifesto: “Work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and “sabotaging” its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.”
Don’t you just love the way that Democrat can hear this read out to him and not even blink before he launches into a slow boring stupid diatribe about how they have no reason whatsoever to think the Muslim Brotherhood could be a problem and that the bill should be rejected. If the line, “sabotaging its miserable house by their hands…” doesn’t send up any flags for you, nothing ever will, because you are on the other side…
John Conyers, the spectacularly corrupt sob from Michigan.
In the early Black Power days he was a community organizer. He’d gather posses to stop every pregnant black woman in the street and ask who was going to deliver the baby. No matter what, she’d leave with the name of her new doctor, a black osteopath who’d just managed to get certified for insurance coverage.
He made a fortune on race riots and their aftermath in Detroit. If I had to point a finger at the one person alive today, most culpable for the utter ruin of Detroit, I’d point at him. [Most are dead now, of course. One hopes he’ll join them asap.]
He’s gone stratospheric pandering to Mohammedans, helping to change Dearborn – once the “northernmost Southern town in America” – to Sharia-ville, USA. Whatever happened to all the white Southern Baptists and Methodists? We’ll never know how they “upped and left town” in a caravan of house-trailers.
Wiki’s worthless: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Conyers#Ethics_controversy
Oh, so that’s the oblivious beclouded black guy in the video. My God, but he is boring and disingenuous at the same time. He sounds marginally retarded. What a waste of skin… Gee, I sound like Donald Trump…