- Suspect arrested in garden just 100 yards from scene of horror attack
- Named by sources as 28-year-old Junior Saleem Oakes
- 22-year-old victim named locally as Natasha Trevis
- Her family say the pair had been in a relationship for five years
- Cousin: ‘She wanted to have a perfect family with this guy’
- 50 police, including armed officers, involved in manhunt
PUBLISHED: 06:25 EST, 7 August 2012 | UPDATED: 09:33 EST, 8 August 2012
This is the dramatic moment a murder suspect was arrested in connection with the horrific stabbing of a woman in the back of a taxi.
The man, named locally as Junior Saleem Oakes, was arrested in the garden of a house just 100 yards away from the scene of the attack in Birmingham after a day-long hunt by armed officers.
The picture emerged as relatives paid tribute to the 22-year-old victim, named locally as Natasha Trevis, who suffered a cardiac arrest after being stabbed multiple times.
Day-long hunt: Oakes (left) was arrested at a house just 100 yards from the scene of the attack, where the victim, named locally as Natasha Trevis (right), was stabbed repeatedly in the Northfield area of Birmingham