Reader’s links for Sept. 25 – 2015

Daily Links Post graphic

In order to preserve the flow of conversation about various posted items, and also in order to make it easier for visitors to find the list of related links being shared by other readers, regulars and interested parties in one place, each day a post is automatically created at a minute past midnight ET.

This way, under the various posts of the day, conversation can take place without as much ‘noise’ on the various links and articles and ideas in the main posts and all the news links being submitted can be seen under these auto-posts by clicking on the comments-link right below these ones.

Thank you all for those that take the effort to assist this site in keeping the public informed. Below, typically people can find the latest enemy propaganda, news items of related materials from multiple countries and languages, op-eds from many excellent sites who write on our topics, geopolitics and immigration issues and so on.

About Eeyore

Canadian artist and counter-jihad and freedom of speech activist as well as devout Schrödinger's catholic

78 Replies to “Reader’s links for Sept. 25 – 2015”

  1. New Syrian Forces turned over coalition-issued equipment to Nusra Front -U.S.

    WASHINGTON, Sept 25 (Reuters) – New Syrian Forces gave the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front six pickup trucks and ammunition that had been supplied by the U.S.-led coalition, the U.S. military said in a statement on Friday.

    “If accurate, the report of NSF members providing equipment to al Nusra Front is very concerning and a violation of Syria train-and-equip program guidelines,” U.S. Central Command spokesman Colonel Patrick Ryder said in a statement.

    The New Syrian Forces turned over the trucks and ammunition in exchange for safe passage through an al Nusra area, the statement said.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3249649/New-Syrian-Forces-turned-coalition-issued-equipment-Nusra-Front-U-S.html

    U.S.-trained Syrian rebels gave equipment to Nusra: U.S. military

    Syrian rebels trained by the United States gave some of their equipment to the al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front in exchange for safe passage, a U.S. military spokesman said on Friday, the latest blow to a troubled U.S. effort to train local partners to fight Islamic State militants.

    The rebels surrendered six pick-up trucks and some ammunition, or about one-quarter of their issued equipment, to a suspected Nusra intermediary on Sept. 21-22 in exchange for safe passage, said Colonel Patrick Ryder, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command, in a statement.

    “If accurate, the report of NSF members providing equipment to al Nusra Front is very concerning and a violation of Syria train and equip program guidelines,” Ryder said, using an acronym for the rebels, called the New Syrian Forces.

    U.S. Central Command, which oversees U.S. military operations in the Middle East, was told of the equipment surrender around 1 p.m. on Friday, Ryder said. Earlier on Friday, Ryder had said all weapons and equipment issued to the rebels remained under their control.

    The news was the most recent sign of trouble in a fledgling military effort to train fighters to take on the Islamic State militant group in Syria, where a 4-1/2-year civil war has killed about 250,000 people and caused nearly half of Syria’s prewar population of 23 million to flee.

    A top U.S. general told Congress last week that only a handful of the rebels are still fighting in Syria, though U.S. military officials said this week that dozens more have since joined them.

    U.S. officials have told Reuters that a review is underway that could result in scaling back and reenvisioning the program.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/25/us-mideast-crisis-usa-equipment-idUSKCN0RP2HO20150925

  2. THE DAILY BEAST – L.A. Cops: Saudi Royal May Have Raped 5 Women

    Los Angeles authorities say as many as five women may have been sexual assaulted by a Saudi prince inside his massive Beverly Hills compound.

    As many as five victims may have been sexually accosted by a Saudi royal inside his massive Beverly Hills rental compound, The Daily Beast has learned from Los Angeles authorities.

    When cops arrived at the residence along Wallingford Drive, in Beverly Hills, to check out a disturbance call that came in around 12:45 a.m. on Wednesday, they discovered a horde of people milling about in front of the $37 million, 22,000-acre gated mansion.

    After conducting interviews, the police officers arrested Majed Abulaziz Al-Saud, a 28-year-old Saudi prince, for allegedly trying to force at least one unidentified woman to perform oral sex against her will. What’s more, “four more victims allege the same crimes committed—including criminal threats [by Al-Saud],” an LAPD police spokesman told The Daily Beast, noting that all the alleged victims and witnesses who were interviewed said the alleged attacks occurred on the same day.

    Meanwhile, a neighbor told the Los Angeles Times that upon returning home, he witnessed a bloodied woman (believed to work at the house as a caretaker) shimmying across an 8-foot wall and screaming for help.

    Once arrested, the prince was held and then released on bail after paying $300,000. He’s due to appear before a judge on October 19.

    The cops noted that the prince does not have the power to invoke diplomatic immunity but say they were still working with a consul liaison and the State Department to review his status.

    A man who answered a phone call placed to the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington, D.C., said that personnel were off to recognize the holy holiday of Eid.

    The Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post each attempted and were unable to reach anybody at the embassy as well.

    A State Department spokeswoman referred any questions of the sex attacks to the LAPD and in a statement said that so far they were unable to verify if the accused Saudi prince was immune from prosecution. “The Department does not currently have any information indicating that the individual in question enjoys immunity.”

    Saudi royals have been unable to stay off the criminal radar in the recent past. There was the visit by Saudi Princess Buniah al Saud, who was hit with a civil lawsuit for allegedly pummeling and then pushing her Indonesian maid down the stairs of her Orlando townhouse. And back in April, a 27-year-old college student with Saudi royal ties was caught trying to hop the border in San Diego to make it to Mexico, allegedly to evade charges of raping a woman in Orem, Utah.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/25/l-a-cops-saudi-royal-may-have-raped-5-women.html

  3. BELFAST- Boy in adoption battle ‘conceived by Northern Irish mum raping his Muslim father’, court told

    A boy at the centre of an adoption battle was allegedly conceived by his Northern Irish mother drugging and raping the Muslim father, a court has heard.

    The claim featured in a failed legal challenge to the five-year-old child being taken into care.

    Senior judges rejected allegations that social workers treated the father with racial and sexist prejudice.

    They said there was no evidence to back unfounded claims made to explain his own “indefensible actions” in a case where the child was held to have been emotionally scarred by domestic violence between his parents.

    The man, referred to as E, had been attempting to overturn High Court decisions to grant a health trust’s application for a care order and to free his son, M, for adoption.

    E is an asylum seeker who arrived in Belfast in 2007 after paying to be smuggled into the UK.

    The boy’s mother, W, has other children from a previous arranged marriage she entered into at the age of 17.

    She did not take part in the challenge mounted by the boy’s father.

    The Court of Appeal heard the couple’s time together had been “permeated with physical violence”.

    Setting out the background to the case, Lord Justice Gillen said: “An indication of the nature of their relationship can be seen in E’s claim that their son M, Mohammed??? the subject of the present proceedings, was conceived by virtue of W drugging and then raping E.”

    Just before the boy was born in 2010 his mother told a midwife she could not care for the baby because her family would not accept the father’s racial and cultural background.

    Social services then voiced concerns about E’s ability, capacity and suitability to look after his son amid a police investigation into an alleged assault on another female.

    The volatility continued after the boy was born.

    During one row in the street later that year W tried to strike the father with a brush while he was holding their child, the court heard.

    Police called to the scene had to prise M from his arms.

    A month later the Trust was granted emergency protection and interim care orders for the boy.

    Earlier this year a High Court judge ruled in favour of the child being freed for adoption.

    Counsel for E challenged the verdict by contending the evidence of social workers, police and expert witnesses was all flawed and motivated by racial and sexist prejudice against his client.

    He argued that despite the child being given a Muslim name the Trust had attempted to delete his culture and assert the use of a Christian name.

    But dismissing the appeal, Lord Justice Gillen, sitting with Lord Justices Girvan and Coghlin, said the trial judge’s handling of the case was “comprehensive and flawless”.

    He added: “We found not the slightest evidence that… the experts or social workers were motivated by racism or sexism.

    “This was an allegation made by E without any foundation and sadly illustrated only too well, even at this stage in the proceedings, E’s propensity to resort to any implausible allegation to support his own self-conception and so as to explain away his indefensible actions.”

    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/boy-in-adoption-battle-conceived-by-northern-irish-mum-raping-his-muslim-father-court-told-31557300.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.