1. Woman sues US police over hijab
DEARBORN, Michigan: A Muslim woman is suing a Michigan police department, saying her rights were violated when she was ordered to remove a headscarf for a mugshot after her arrest.
Maha Aldhalimi was told that she was wanted for an unpaid parking violation. She says she was ordered to remove the headscarf, known as hijab, for a photo at the Dearborn Police Department last September.
2. Greek banks down to €500m in cash reserves as economy crashes
Greece is sliding into a full-blown national crisis as the final cash reserves of the banking system evaporate by the hour and swathes of industry start to shut down, precipitating the near disintegration of the ruling coalition.
Business leaders have been locked in talks with the Bank of Greece, pleading for the immediate release of emergency liquidity funds (ELA) to cover food imports and pharmaceutical goods before the tourist sector hits a brick wall.
Officials say the central bank will release the funds as soon as Friday, but this is a stop-gap measure at best. “We are on a war footing in this country,” said Yanis Varoufakis, the Greek finance minister.
3. 6 U.N. peacekeepers killed in Mali
(CNN)Six U.N. peacekeepers were killed and five others were injured Thursday in an attack on their convoy in the West African nation of Mali, the United Nations said.
All 11 peacekeepers were from neighboring Burkina Faso. Details about the attack, which happened in central Mali’s Timbuktu region, weren’t immediately available, and the United Nations didn’t say who was behind the assault.
The attack brings to 42 the number of peacekeepers killed in Mali since their mission began in 2013. The United Nations sent peacekeepers to Mali in April 2013 to guard against militant Islamists who threatened to move on the West African nation’s capital, Bamako.
4. Denmark: Muslims get two months in prison for whipping woman in the face with iron chains
On Christmas morning, Nanna Skovmand and her boyfriend were subjected to an unprovoked attack by Muslims who kicked and beat them with bottles and iron chains in the face. As has happened so often before, the sentence they have received is ridiculously short. The attackers are already out of prison as you read this – six months after their attack.
5. UN chief of migration: EU must destroy homogeneity of member states through immigration
(Nothing at all Dr. Evil about this guy whatsoever)
The EU should “do its best to undermine” the “homogeneity” of its member states, the UN’s special representative for migration has said.
Peter Sutherland told peers the future prosperity of many EU states depended on them becoming multicultural.
He also suggested the UK government’s immigration policy had no basis in international law.
6. EU’s chief for security: “Islam is a victim itself … political Islam should be part of the [European] picture”
Mogherini claims that aversion against Islam and Muslim immigrations comes from “fear” and is a sign of “weakness”. And she openly admits that EU “fights” to give space to Islam, political Islam and Muslim immigration not just in Europen but in the whole world. Bad idea.
7. Officers from the MPS Counter Terrorism Command (SO15) have this morning, 2 July, attended an address in east London and arrested a 15-year old girl on suspicion of preparation of terrorism (under section 5 of the Terrorism Act, 2006) and she is currently in custody at a central London police station pending further enquiries.
8. ISIS takes a sledgehammer to civilization once again: Activists caught smuggling Palmyra statues to safety are lashed – then forced to destroy priceless antiquities in front of a baying crowd
New photos have emerged of ISIS destroying a number of historic statues from the ancient archaeological site of Palmyra in Syria.
An activist had been attempting to smuggle the statues out of Palmyra only for the statues to be uncovered when he was caught by the militant group.
As punishment for his crime, pictures show the activist being publicly flogged after being forced to use a hammer to destroy the statues he had been trying to save from ISIS.
The photos provide more evidence that the brutal jihadis remain hell bent on eradicating any trace of Syria and Iraq’s rich heritage.
Scroll down for video:
ISIS militants use heavy duty sledgehammers to destroy the historic statues in front of a large crowd
9. Ezra on the European Union head of security statement that seems to suggest that welcoming ‘radical’ islam is the best way to proceed for Europe.
Thank you Nicolai Sennels, M., Wrath of Khan, Maria J., Lynx, and all. The focus ring is in motion. The excuse of not seeing clearly what is taking place becomes laughable.
9) I’m not sure who translated this for Ezra but it doesn’t say that.
He might want to take down that video.
???? ??????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ? ?? ?? ?????. ?????????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ????????.
Tunisia, Kuwait, France: Europe and arab world united as victims and in the response. Terrorists want to divide us, they unite us even more
Bad yes. Criminal treason no.
8 – You would think the left would get upset over the destruction of the ancient artifacts, but I haven’t seen any sign of genuine regret from any of them.
A generation back, maybe. Remember, these people don’t know anything: zero, zip, nada. If they’ve gone to university in the last 10 years, they’ve learned fantasies about Stone Age primitives. Inversions of what we used to study in the core curriculum.