The Oz Burka travesty continues.
2. Woman flips out at police officer even though he is polite and restrained the whole time.
3. Woman, not satisfied with abusing the cop, then files an official complaint accusing the officer of racism and abuse but doesn’t know the officer was filming the entire incedent from his police car. See link for full actual video.
4. Woman is sentenced to six well deserved months in jail because she filed a false accusation against someone that could have cost him his career and more.
5. Judge throws out conviction on appeal because the justice of the peace who took the woman’s sworn testimony cannot swear it was actually her because, you guessed it, the woman was wearing a full face covering when she signed and submitted it.
7. The story becomes more and more convoluted showing how wonderfully enriched Western civilization is by the addition of this excellent and peaceful culture/religion of Islam.
Here is an interesting bit from this link, an attempted interview with the JP who took the declaration:
At the real estate agency where he works, Mr Chennaoui yesterday refused to discuss why he did not ask the woman signing the document for identification.
“I am not discussing this. I have nothing to say. I am at work, can you please never contact me again,” he said.
In his police statement, which has been seen by The Daily Telegraph, he said that he first heard of Ms Matthews when he took a telephone call on June 8 last year from Wally Awad, a man he knew through Minto Mosque, who said someone needed a JP urgently.The previous day, Ms Matthews had been stopped for a random breath test and was booked by Sen-Constable Fogarty for not properly displaying the rear P-plate on her black Honda Odyssey.
All in all, this whole story is a symphony of stupidity. People need to learn to treat Islamic face masks the same way they would treat any other face covering. You tolerate it when it doesn’t matter and you do not when it does. But people should not make an exception for a face mask merely because its Islamic.