(The new virtue is musical illiteracy)
One of the things about living in a totalitarian society is that, once something has been identified as problematic, everyone ends up competing to attack in the most aggressive way. Fail to do so, and you may find yourself being the next person identified as problematic. Perhaps that explains why the University of Oxford, founded in 1096, is contemplating ending sheet music because it’s part of white supremacy.
To be honest, it’s a little bit hard to make sense of the story because it’s so screamingly stupid. Apparently, music professors are claiming that all Western classical music has “complicity in white supremacy.” This seems to include such composers as Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, and Handel, all of whom were living in continental Europe in the 17th through 19th centuries and none of whom had anything whatsoever to do with Blacks, Africa, or the slave trade.
The problem is that they and their musical notations existed at the same time as the African slave trade. And that’s not a typo:
University staff have argued that the current curriculum focuses on ‘white European music from the slave period’, according to The Telegraph.
Documents seen by the publication indicate proposed reforms to target undergraduate courses.
It claimed that teaching musical notation had ‘not shaken off its connection to its colonial past’ and would be ‘a slap in the face’ to some students.
And it added that musical skills should no longer be compulsory because the current repertoire’s focus on ‘white European music’ causes ‘students of colour great distress’.
(This is a superb time to repeat that thing I say all the time. White supremacy, racism and all those communist attack words, mean one thing and one thing only. The target of those slurs are defenders of Western Civilization and/or are counter revolutionary. If you read this article with that in mind, it makes way more sense to you than to the author. Although she gets close when she compares our behaviour in the West to mourners at a North Korean state funeral.)
2. Dutch protestors join anti-Covid measure protests to KEEP DUTCH CITIZENS SAFE FROM THE POLICE
See how it’s done Canada… @chrissaccoccia1 @randyhillier @ezralevant @Roman_Baber @Hannah_Bananaz @geoff_buxcey @BillTufts GOVT & Police think they can oppress our rights and freedoms so we all need to #JUSTSAYNO https://t.co/snr889hh0n
— Tammy Robinson (@tamrobinson1966) March 29, 2021
Prince Edward Island has suspended the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine for those aged 18 to 29 who had appointments for shots in pharmacies.
Health officials said in a brief statement the appointments are on hold pending further information expected today from Health Canada and the National Advisory Committee on Immunization.
Prince Edward Island announced on March 9 that it would offer the AstraZeneca vaccine to people aged 18 to 29 who work in gas stations and convenience or grocery stores.
The move was a response to COVID-19 outbreaks on the Island that were concentrated among young people.
The province said it had received 2,000 doses of the vaccine and they had been distributed to pharmacies across the province to give to the young workers.
Canadian health officials first recommended the Astra-Zeneca vaccine for those under 65, but on March 16 it adjusted its advice to say that it could also be given to seniors.
In early March, Denmark and other European countries suspended the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine after reports of blood clots in some people.
4. Germany is all taking your rights for a 3rd wave while the US begs you to be submissive a while longer cause “4th surge.”
5. NY already rolling out the vaccine passport. You know, that thing everyone said we were insane conspiracy theorists for claiming it would happen.
I hate to say I told you so. But I told you so.
I’m one of the few brave souls in the American media who warned and advised from day one (back in early March 2020) not to lock down the American people or the economy.
I argued the following:
- That lockdowns wouldn’t stop COVID-19, because you can’t stop a virus.
- That there was never a reason to lock down everyone. Anyone relatively young or healthy never had a reason to fear death from COVID. The survival rate has been reported at 99%, especially for anyone relatively healthy under the age of 65.
- That over time, lockdowns would cause more deaths from suicide, depression, loneliness, drug and alcohol addiction, joblessness, poverty and stress (from people being unsure how to feed their families) than from COVID.
- And, worst of all, that lockdowns would destroy the economy. If Grandma or Grandpa is sick and dying from COVID, how does it help them if their kids and grandkids lose their businesses, jobs or homes? It only makes things much worse. Grandma and Grandpa would not want their kids and grandkids to be jobless, hopeless or homeless. They want them to live life and prosper. That’s how you honor Grandpa and Grandma.
I warned that the only way to fight COVID and pay for COVID was to keep the economy open and healthy. And to keep Americans employed.
Thank you Miss Piggy, Hellequin GB., M., Richard, and everyone who sent in links and are trying to see behind the curtain for us all.
Very very very very funny. https://t.co/qbWXUDtHZR
— Dr Jordan B Peterson (@jordanbpeterson) March 29, 2021