1. Here is a look at one of the roots of the cancerous postmodern thinking that is at the tipping point of taking down our civilization. The easily proven nonsense that all creatures are ‘equal’ and only environmental factors make the difference. The chameleon, Steven Pinker in his excellent book, The Blank Slate, does a brilliant job of exposing the damage done to science by anti-science thinkers and activists like BF Skinner. I call Dr, Pinker a chameleon because his recent interview on CFRA was a complete exercise in submission to the post-modern and multicultural narrative, as well as a gospel session at the alter of Trudeau. But the Blank Slate is truly excellent irrespective of anything he has done since.
2. I added this clip to the end of the post on Tan, but as many likely wont see it as I dont think the sites notify subscribers of updates, it really does bear putting in a new post.
It answers an important question actually. Which is why have we not heard about the sharia police which we used to read about here and there within the UK. And now we have our answer.
The actual police enforce sharia now and are damn close to admitting it, but clearly are doing it. This one fine Englishman points it out repeatedly and in non-offensive language, which at least prevented his arrest while on camera. And all that at the intersection formerly known as “Speaker’s Corner” and soon to be known as “Dawa Square”.
3. An excellent and overdue article on dealing with BDS resolutions. Well worth the time to read, and read slowly. This is a summary of ideas all of us have had and posted either as articles or comments, but this is a great summary of a practical method for dealing with BDS. Please absorb, and pass on to anywhere it may be useful.
Do not try to defend ONE point in the resolution. If you attempt or even open that up, you will immediately be on the defensive; it’s a battle you cannot win, especially in a hostile environment. Even if you can show that “X” or “Y” in the resolution is a lie, they will respond that it isn’t, and you will be on the defensive.
Your entire platform must show that this is a politically (and even religiously) motivated and antisemitic resolution specifically targeting the Jewish homeland of Israel. Then, all of your questions must back that up. Ask how many resolutions the GWU Senate passed to protect the people in:
- Syria, where tens of thousands of people were gassed by their own government?
- Saudi Arabia, where state executions of homosexuals exist?
- Gaza and the Palestinian Authority, where honor killings of women are acceptable?
- China? Russia? Egypt? Sri Lanka? Kenya? Sudan? Bangladesh? Libya? Yemen? Zimbabwe? Pakistan? North Korea? Brunei? Somalia?
If, with all the horrors and atrocities committed in the world, the Senate is only interested in the well-being of the Palestinians and the condemnation of the Jewish State of Israel, that is defined as antisemitism and targeting a country based on religion and ethnicity.
4. The propaganda from the Islam-communist side is truly stunning. Both in how powerful it is, as well as the amount of out-and-out deception is used. Staggering. And effective.
Al Jazeera on the poor, barefoot migrants that are walking their way into France over the alps and just deserve a chance, right? Even though its cheaper to fly first class than pay a smuggler.
Of course the communist Parliament of France agrees with this brutal and blatant propaganda, calling citizens who are actually enforcing the law, in fact just symbolically, “friends of Marine Le Pen” (as if that was a bad thing) in order to demonize any attempt at the preservation of national sovereignty as [insert cultural-marxist trope here].
You can see that in one of the two amalgamated clips below:
Thank you Ava Lon, M., Wrath of Khan, Perfect Child, Johnny U., NorseRadish and all who contributed today for a robust and increasingly important discussion on the state of civilization.