1. If you really want to understand complex science, you need to consult an actor.
Thanks NorseRadish for this clip to illustrate the point:
A large Saudi public university announced it would dismiss employees suspected of ties to the banned Muslim Brotherhood.
Activists and rights groups say security forces have rounded up some 30 clerics, intellectuals and others over the past ten days, in what Human Rights Watch has described as “a coordinated crackdown on dissent”.
Authorities have not explicitly acknowledged the detentions, which come amid widespread speculation – denied by officials – that King Salman will abdicate in favour of his son as well as deepening tensions with neighbouring Qatar, which is accused by Riyadh of supporting Islamists, including the Brotherhood.
The governing council of Al-Imam Mohammed Ibn Saud Islamic University in Riyadh advised against renewing contracts for employees it said were “influenced by the ideology of the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood organisation”.
A New York county sheriff is telling his deputies to ignore an order from Gov. Andrew Cuomo that instructs state police and other New York officials not to ask individuals about their immigration status, accusing the Democratic governor of trying to score “cheap political points.”
Cuomo on Friday signed the executive order that also prohibits state officials from disclosing a person’s immigration status to federal authorities, except in certain situations such as police investigations.
Hours later, Erie County Sheriff Timothy Howard issued a statement telling his deputies to continue reporting to U.S. officials “any and all” incidents involving undocumented individuals, consistent with existing department policy and federal law.
“Our officers have sworn a solemn oath to uphold the law,” Howard, a Republican, said in the statement. “As sheriff, part of my job is enforcing our constitution and the law, regardless of what cheap political points Albany politicians are looking to score.”
4. Sometimes the slippery slope argument is just plain true. And by design.
— Onlinemagazin (@OnlineMagazin) September 18, 2017
5. Daniel Greenfield on the 3rd world abuse of power that was the Obama regime.
6. Mother Merkel! Open the door!
7. In the continuing attempt to restore really important videos that have vanished off of the now traditional social media sites, here is the Swedish Police official statement of giving up protecting women in 2015 due to unusually violent rapes.
8. Swedish town buys 3 appartments for Syrian man with 3 wives and 16 kids
Thank you Richard, Ava Lon, Nash Montana, M., Xanthippa, and all who are sending in materials and Egri Nok who is posting a lot of sad and horrifying stories about the facts on the ground for German people. Perhaps more so for women.
This is too good not to post.