1. Greece: Pro-refugee demo too late as first migrants deported to Turkey from Lesbos
(Video at site)
The crew of a U.S. Navy ship stopped a massive Iranian arms shipment dead in its tracks, seizing thousands of weapons, AK-47 rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers that likely were headed to Yemen, the Pentagon announced Monday.
The seizure, which unfolded in the Arabian Sea on March 28, was the third of its kind in recent weeks, military officials say. Iran has been supporting Houthi rebels in Yemen in their proxy war against a Saudi-led coalition backed by the United States. Like Iran, the Houthis are a Shia-led group.
The arms shipment appears to mark the latest provocative action from the defiant Islamic republic, which reported last month that it tested missiles marked with the phrase “Israel must be wiped out.” And on Monday, the Iranian government warned the U.S. to butt out of trying to control its missile program. “The White House should know that defense capacities and missile power, specially at the present juncture where plots and threats are galore, is among the Iranian nation’s red lines… and we don’t allow anyone to violate it,” Deputy Chief of Staff Brig-Gen Maassoud Jazzayeri told state media.
3. Greece: Refugees scuffle with drivers over highway blockade near Idomeni
4. Xinjiang: Bob Woodruff’s Journey Inside Alleged ISIS Breeding Ground
(It stuns me that ABC would send someone that far at that expense and take this much risk just to enforce the narrative by not saying pretty much anything at all about the problem. The only thing you get out of the video is, the terrorism problem comes from its Muslims. But you only get that by inference. not by the presentation.
5. First group of muslims deported from Greece back to Turkey arrive back where they legally are supposed to be. A few isolated people demand that Europe open the borders to them. None of them seem to concerned about the refusal of Saudi Arabia to take even one of them whatsoever.
6. Ukraine: Turkish warships deployed in Odessa in Turkish-Ukrainian deal
(IS Turkey NATO yes or no?)
Thank you M., Richard, Wrath of Khan, Kathy, DP111 and a great gang of others. Lots of stuff of consequence being worked on. I hope to post it all tonight.