1. Brian Lilley speaks up on Trudeau’s renewed funding for UNRWA
The Globe and Mail has recently reported that “As part of the humanitarian package, the Liberals are expected to provide $15-million in annual funding to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA).”
In January 2010, the Conservative government redirected the Canadian funds earmarked to UNRWA to “to specific projects in the Palestinian Authority that will ensure accountability and foster democracy in the PA.” Previously, Canada provided UNRWA with 11 percent of its budget at $10 million (Canadian) annually.
The undersigned wrote in 2014 the following policy paper “UNRWA as a Convenient Surrogate for Terrorists Organizations” for The Center for Near East Policy Research. The paper (to read the full version click here) was submitted by David Bedein to the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
3. Blast in Turkey, terrorist attack
An explosion severely damaged part of a building that housed a Turkish cultural association in a Stockholm suburb late on Wednesday but no one was injured, police said.
Police said all the windows of the centre were blown out and that technicians were onsite to investigate the cause. The centre was located in the basement of a building in Fittja, in south-west Stockholm.
“No one was inside. No one was injured. It had been locked since earlier in the evening,” a police spokesman said.
Iraq is searching for “highly dangerous” radioactive material stolen last year, according to an environment ministry document and seven security, environmental and provincial officials who fear it could be used as a weapon if acquired by Islamic State.
The material, stored in a protective case the size of a laptop computer, went missing in November from a storage facility near the southern city of Basra belonging to U.S. oilfield services company Weatherford WFT.N, the document seen by Reuters showed and officials confirmed.
A spokesman for Iraq’s environment ministry said he could not discuss the issue, citing national security concerns.
6. More video of aftermath on attack on Turkish ‘cultural center’ in Sweden
7. Another great ‘Woman on the street’ interview in Germany
Thank you Kathy, M., Wrath of Khan, Xanthippa, Richard and many more.
Two important bits of news:
- All the best hosts at CFRA are now gone. Sacked. Fired. The capital of Canada’s ONLY AM conservative talk radio, the conservatives have left the building literally and figuratively. John Counsell, Nick Vandergragt, others with whom I am not familiar, sacked. Many times I have posted calls to some of these and Lowell Green, who is also gone from the station, along with Mark Sutcliffe and Ron Corbett. If ever there was a manifestation of the confluence of UN 16/18 and the CVE, well this would be a brilliant example of it. Its possible its a ratings thing or some other rational motive. But as the trend world-wide now is most distinctly stopping criticism of Islam, I know where to put my money. Of course, under sharia gambling is illegal so, probably not.
- Today at Ottawa City Hall, a head-cloth solidarity event took place where idiots are supposed to put a piece of cloth on their heads in sympathy with muslim women who have been warped into victims somehow, because it identifies them with a group that commits most of the world’s horrors since the 7th century. Intellectual slight of hand I know but there you have it. Interestingly, at this event, reporters are allowed to film people going in and out, but the event took place in a ‘Safe Space’ or a ‘journalism free zone’. To quote a brilliant video posted earlier here today:
“You mean like North Korea?”
Tying these seemingly disparate loose ends together, this was a call to one of the last shows John Counsell ever did. Video of Hijab day at City hall coming within 24 hours.