Weapons caches found in forty Tunisian mosques

An original translation by Our French correspondent, Nathalie

From this French News Site

Weapons caches found in forty Tunisian mosques

tunisiagreatmosque

Fadhel Achour, the general secretary to the trade union for the managers and staff of mosques, announced on Wednesday July 1 2015 that police forces making searches in all parts of the country have uncovered caches of weapons in forty mosques.

Interviewed on the “Midi Show” programme broadcast on “Mosaïque Radio”, he declared that 190 mosques had been erected since the revolution, 90 of which had contacted the authorities in order to legalize their status. The 100 remaining mosques, 80 of which spread incendiary Takfirist speeches, have refused to acknowledge the authority of the Tunisian government.

Fadhel Achour further declared that things might have been much worse but for the Ministry of the Interior whose intervention helped to rescue some mosques from radicalization.

He added that the government of Mehdi Jomaâ had promised to end the problem in 90 days, a promise that remains unfulfilled to this day.

He proceeded to add that during Noureddine Khadmi’s time in power, several preachers and imams had been posted to some mosques, and that amongst those, some belonged to the Salafist school, and some did not even acknowledge the Maliki school.

H/T M.

About Eeyore

Canadian artist and counter-jihad and freedom of speech activist as well as devout Schrödinger's catholic

29 Replies to “Weapons caches found in forty Tunisian mosques”

  1. At least 20 people killed in attacks in Nigeria (CNN, July 6, 2015)
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/05/africa/nigeria-church-bombing/index.html

    “Kano, Nigeria (CNN)A suicide bomber blew himself up in a church Sunday in the Nigerian town of Potiskum, killing the priest and four other worshippers, witnesses and police told CNN.

    A woman and her two children were among the victims of the attack at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, the sources said.

    Though no one has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s attack, the method, target and location are consistent with past attacks thought to be perpetrated by the militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

    Potiskum, the commercial hub of Yobe state, has been the site of multiple deadly attacks blamed on the group….”

  2. Bomb Attacks on Shiite Districts Kill 15 People in Iraq (abcnews, July 5, 2015)
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/bomb-attacks-shiite-districts-kill-15-people-iraq-32235740

    “Authorities in Iraq say bombings targeting Shiite districts have killed 15 people in and around Baghdad.

    Police officials say a bomb exploded Sunday night near a cafe in the Shiite district of al-Obeidi on the eastern edge of Baghdad, killing four people and wounding 14 others.

    Another evening bomb blast near a small restaurant killed four people and wounded 11 others in the southeastern suburb of Jisr Diyala.

    Earlier, a bomb went off at a bus stop in the northeastern suburbs of the capital, killing four people and wounding nine. Another bombing near a bus stop killed three people in Baghdad’s northwestern district of Shulla.

    Hospital officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to reporters.”

  3. 3 Dead, 13 Hurt After Bomb Blast at Checkpoint in Kandahar (abcnews, July 5, 2015)
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/dead-13-hurt-bomb-blast-checkpoint-kandahar-32236470

    “An official says a bomb blast at a police checkpoint in the southern city of Kandahar has killed two civilians, one policeman and wounded 13 others.

    Samim Khpolwak, the spokesman for the provincial governor, said the blast Sunday evening came from a bomb strapped to a motorcycle. The wounded included 11 civilians and two police.

    No one immediately claimed responsibility for the blast in Afghanistan’s second-largest city. The Taliban routinely plant bombs to target Afghan security forces, though civilians are frequently killed instead.

    U.S. and NATO troops pulled back from volatile areas of the country last year, handing security responsibility over to Afghan forces. Since then, local security forces have been increasingly targeted in insurgent attacks.”

  4. Greek banks prepare plan to raid deposits to avert collapse

    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9963b74c-219c-11e5-aa5a-398b2169cf79.html#axzz3f799hFeg

    A deep as they are going to have to cut the banks are in massive trouble no matter what, they are reaching down to somewhere between $8000 and $10000 to raid close to 1/3rd of the money. No one is going to trust the banks after this, and all western nations are looking into the feasibility of raiding the deposits when their economies hit the breaking point.

    • If I were a citizen of Spain, and if I watched Greece getting away with it, I’d be tempted to go back to siestas and early retirement, and make rude noises too.

      • If I had any money in the bank I would make sure that it was the bar minimum necessary to maintain the account.

    • Iraq jet accidentally bombs Baghdad neighbourhood, killing 12

      Plane is one of several used by Iraq in fight against ISIS

      An Iraqi Russian-made fighter jet accidentally dropped a bomb over a Baghdad neighbourhood on Monday, killing at least 12 people on the ground, Iraqi officials said.

      The plane — one of several Sukhois used by Iraq in the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group — was returning to base when the accident happened.

      Military spokesman, Brig. Gen. Saad Maan Ibrahim, told The Associated Press that a technical failure caused the Sukhoi jet to malfunction and drop the bomb, which hit a number of houses in the Iraqi capital’s eastern neighbourhood of New Baghdad.

      Three children and two women were among the 12 killed, a police officer at the scene and a medical official at a nearby hospital said. At least 25 others were wounded, the two officials added, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to reporters.

      AP footage from the scene shows rescue teams in orange jumpsuits and blue helmets searching through the rubble for victims. At least one victim was seen wrapped with a blanket and being rushed to an ambulance.

      http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iraq-jet-accidentally-bombs-baghdad-neighbourhood-killing-12-1.3139649

    • Its kind of central dogma for a mosque to have them. People keep confusing a mosque with a church. The original mosque in Yathrib was a military headquarters and all the rest are beachheads. I would argue that any mosque without a military component is in fact, not a mosque.

  5. Jordan foils Iran terror plot
    An Iraqi-Norwegian man was arrested in possession of 45 kilograms of explosives.

    BEIRUT – Dramatic reports have emerged in Jordan that the country’s security forces have stopped an Iranian terror plot following the arrest of a man affiliated with the Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC).

    Jordan’s leading Al-Rai newspaper first broke the story of the thwarted terror plot early Monday, reporting that security forces had arrested an Iraqi-Norwegian national in possession of 45 kilograms of explosives in the north of the country.

    A source told the daily that the man was affiliated with an Iranian group and was plotting terror attacks in Jordan.

    “This case is the largest in ten years in terms of the amount of explosive materials and their quality,” the source explained.

    The Jordanian paper later took down the story, replacing it with a newer version explaining that Jordan’s State Security Court issued a decision banning the publication of stories related to the issue of the arrested man.

    Later in the day, AFP cited a judicial source as saying that “security services thwarted a terrorist plan at the last minute which was going to be carried out by an Iraqi on behalf of Iran’s Quds Force,” the special forces branch of the IRGC.

    London-based Alaraby Aljadeed also covered the story, reporting that “Jordan’s State Security Court started the trial of an Iraqi man on Monday who stands accused of attempting to carry out terrorist acts on Jordanian territory at the orders of Iranian intelligence.”

    The paper identified the suspect as 49-year old Khaled al-Rabiyaey, adding that the indictment against him “revealed that he had played a part in a number of assassinations carried out at the behest of Iranian intelligence.”

    “Al-Rabiaey intended to use the explosives to carry out terrorist acts inside the kingdom and this would have been on behalf of Iranian intelligence—of which [he is a member],” a security source told the newspaper.

    “He was arrested at a previous [unspecified] time and 45 kilograms of a highly explosive material were found in his possession,” the source added.

    “He had hidden [the explosives] in a neighborhood in the city of Jerash.”

    Situated some 48 kilometers north of the capital Amman, Jerash is Jordan’s second most visited tourist destination after the ruins of Petra and has a population of over 40,000.

    https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports/565543-jordan-foils-iran-terror-plot

  6. ITALY – Police in Pisa arrest Moroccan accused of using Internet to incite Muslims to acts of terror

    ROME – Italian police have arrested a Moroccan man near Pisa for allegedly using Facebook and other social media to incite Muslims to use terrorism.

    Pisa’s anti-terrorism police squad head Gonario Antonio Rainone said 24-year-old Jalal El Hanaoui, who was jailed Monday, had posted photos of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Statue of Liberty and other architectural sites on Facebook and with slogans attempted to “instigate the faithful to spread Islam even using terrorism” and other violence. Rainone said there was no indication of planning for any attack.

    Authorities said the man had moved to the Pisa area from Morocco when he was a child.

    After terrorist attacks in France and against European tourists in Tunisia this year, Italian authorities have ratcheted up anti-terrorism investigations and surveillance.

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/07/06/police-in-pisa-arrest-moroccan-accused-using-internet-to-incite-muslims-to-acts/

    • Islamist nabbed for plot on Leaning Tower of Pisa

      Moroccan-born extremist ‘instigated jihad on Facebook’

      (ANSA) – Florence, July 6 – Italian police arrested a 25-year-old Moroccan man near Pisa Monday on charges of instigating Islamist terrorism and jihad (holy war) against a rash of suspected targets including the Leaning Tower of Pisa, police said.
      Officers identified the man as Jalal El Hanaoui, born at Souk Sebt in Morocco, who joined relatives in Italy at age 8 and remained in the peninsula ever since, notching up a criminal record for drug dealing and was currently unemployed.
      El Hanaoui used three Facebook identities to instigate holy war among 12,000 followers and posted photos of monuments around the world suspected of being targets for attacks including the tourist-famed Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Statue of Liberty, the Cathedral of St Basil in Moscow and the Israeli wall separating Jerusalem from the rest of the occupied West Bank.
      In posts and chat with two other terrorist suspects the Moroccan proposed using massacres, murders, attacks and damage to create an Islamic state.
      “He is very expert in computer technology and telematics and through the web and social networks instigated jihad and holy war,” said Giuseppe Creazzo, a Florence prosecutor.

      http://www.ansa.it/english/news/general_news/2015/07/06/islamist-nabbed-for-plot-on-pisa-tower_dadc58b4-2631-47bd-b765-57846a1f721b.html

  7. Kuwait detains 26 over Islamic State suicide attack on mosque: report

    Kuwait has detained 26 people suspected of involvement in a suicide bombing on a Shi’ite Muslim mosque last month that killed 27 people, a local newspaper reported on Monday, quoting the public prosecutor.

    The June 26 attack by Islamic State militants jolted Kuwait, raising the specter of sectarian strife in the Gulf Arab oil exporting state. The attack prompted the government to declare it was at war with Islamist militants and that it would strike at cells believed to be on its soil.

    The prosecutor, Dherar al-Asousi, said four women were among the 26 suspects detained for possible links to the attack, the Kuwaiti Arabic-language al-Qabs newspaper said. Asousi said the suspects had been detained for 10 days.

    He said other suspects, including fighters with Islamic State abroad, have been identified and that some of their relatives inside Kuwait have been charged in connection with the blast. Asousi gave no numbers and provided no further details.

    Al-Rai newspaper, another Arabic-language Kuwaiti daily, said last week that 10 suspects, among them Saudis, Kuwaitis and stateless residents of Kuwait, had been referred to the public prosecution, a move that indicates a criminal case has been opened.

    Among those 10 are five principal suspects accused of helping the suicide bomber, a Saudi, to carry out the attack, the newspaper said.

    Kuwaiti officials have said the attack was aimed at stirring up sectarian conflict in the majority Sunni Muslim emirate, where the two sects have traditionally coexisted in peace.

    As authorities tightened security, parliament last Wednesday approved a law put forward by the interior ministry to create a DNA registry of Kuwaiti nationals and residents living in the Gulf state.

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/kuwait-detains-26-over-islamic-state-suicide-attack-on-mosque–newspaper/article25313929/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*