ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Two people died and more than 100 were injured after two explosions rocked a large Kurdish party election rally in southeast Turkey on Friday, the country’s Agriculture Minister Mehdi Eker said.
The blasts occurred five minutes apart at the rally of the pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party, or HDP, as party leader Selahattin Demirtas was preparing to address the crowd of tens of thousands in Diyarbakir, the main city in Turkey’s predominantly Kurdish southeast.
It wasn’t immediately clear how many of the injured were seriously hurt. Health Minister Mehmet Muezzinoglu had earlier said around 50 people were injured in the incident and 20 to 24 of them were being treated in hospitals.
(I think this was the first of the two explosions)
2. Pamela Geller on FOX asks all Americans to stand up. (I hope it extends farther than that)
3. Here, RT does a hit piece on Ms. Geller. Frankly, was Pamela Geller as vicious as islam, she would be sending out a fatwa on this reporter for his nasty and fully unsubstantiated accusations of her. He accused her of years of “Hate speech” and offered exactly zero evidence of any of it.
4. Syria: Islamic State enters Government held city of Hasakeh
(Way to win that one Obama)
5. This is supposed to be video of people being carried from the explosions in Turkey, but there appears to be muslim style street fighting by throwing rocks and so on near the end as well.
6. Andrew Bostom details the absurdity of Chris Cuomo lecturing Pamela Geller on what is real and not real islam. (Based of course, on pure PC wish-craft)
Said Geller to Cuomo:
Drawing a cartoon … warrants chopping my head off? That’s too far? I just don’t understand this. They’re going to come for you, too, Chris. They’re coming for everybody and the media should be standing with me.
Geller’s query elicited this breathtakingly ignorant though commonly reiterated media falsehood, here asserted by Cuomo with supreme confidence:
Sharia is not mainstream Muslim thought.
(And he thinks this why?)
(Anyone surprised? And the other two, given the medal of honour?)
8. Steve Malzberg with Robert Spencer on the ludicrous treatment of Pamela Geller by a suicidal media. (Audio is VERY low, turn up and close windows for this one)
10. Stephen Harper’s new security measures only half the solution
Thank you M., Wrath of Khan and many more.