(Istanbul. What should be thought of as the poster child for an occupied city)
Pope Francis’ labeling of the mass killings of the Ottoman Armenians as “the first genocide of the 20th century” will only accelerate the reopening of Hagia Sophia to Muslim worship, the top Islamic official in Ankara has suggested.
“Frankly, I believe that the pope’s remarks will only accelerate the process for Hagia Sophia to be re-opened for [Muslim] worship,” Professor Mefail H?zl?, the mufti of Ankara, said in a written statement released late April 15.
According to H?zl?, the pope’s statement “has reflected a modern color of the crusader wars launched in these lands for centuries.” These lands have long been the “standard bearer” of the Muslim world, meaning many enemies, both from inside and outside of the country, have been launching attacks with different methods.
2. Here are two related items on aircraft security and cyber crime
Next 911 by hackers Expert on aircraft exploits pulled off plane by FBI. (Says aircraft engines can be shut down at 30,000 Ft. through entertainment systems)
3. Here is today’s speech by Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. There is some fairly strong language in it directed at Iran and those who would make appeasement with it. However there are gaps in the titles provided. I am sending it out to a few people to check to see if there are any important bits not translated.
5. Muslim child rape and sexual slavery institutions also “endemic” in Australia. Not being reported quite as such yet though.
Victoria Police has set up a taskforce to investigate a gang of Afghani men in Dandenong suspected of preying on teens in care.
Senior child protection workers have told the Herald Sun the gang has sexually abused girls in care in Dandenong, Shepparton and Melbourne’s west.
Earlier this year a 16-year old girl living in care was driven to NSW by the gang, where she had sex several men in return for drugs. She also alleged she was raped.
Authorities later paid for her to fly back to Melbourne.
A senior manager working for an agency that manages residential units for teens in care said more than 80 per cent of the girls living in care are being sexually exploited.
(Notice its not Pakistani men but Afghan. Clearly the problem is the shared ideology of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Not an accident of geography)
We who have carelessly thrown around the Islamophobe label including Glen Greenwald, Reza Aslan, and Karen Armstrong should lower our heads in shame and guilt. Few things are as morally depraved as attacking someone who criticizes Islam (Ayaan Hirsi Ali) rather than attacking the Islamic apostasy and blasphemy laws teaching Muslims they should kill her. We must now live with the knowledge that we’ve abandoned and betrayed our principles. Though we claim the mantle of human rights, free speech and equality, we lack the courage of our convictions when it offends someone. We make the cowardly lion look like Churchill.
(There isn’t a bowl big enough anywhere in the Tau-Ceti system for that much stupid)
(I’m not sure what difference it makes if they are or they aren’t when the net result is the same either way. Much like whether or not Obama is a muslim)
11. This is a big one for Vlad Tepes Blog. Long time readers of this site may remember about 5 or 6 years ago when we had a campaign on to give purple heart medals to the two men who were shot at a recruiting center in Arkansas. We even had a banner on the side bar leading to a petition if I remember correctly and we had it up for quite a while till different attacks and issues cause it to get lost in the shuffle of changing skins on the site.
The reason we were so keen on it was two fold. That these men were in fact shot by a muslim yelling allah hu ackbar and one lost his life and the other will probably need orthopedic sofa cushions for the rest of his life and they deserved it because they were shot because they were American Soldiers on duty, in uniform at a base. The other reason is because it would, according to the rules for a purple heart, mean that the US was indeed a battle field and is at war with muslims.
More criteria here. This may be significant in terms of a shift in US attitudes to the situation we are all in today.
12. CFRA’s John Counsel had two first rate climatologists on tonight to discuss the massive fraud of anthropogenic global warming. Some good calls and explanations about what drives climate and why we are being conned.
The universities were ranked using a traffic-light system: red for universities that ban and actively censor certain ideas on campus; amber for universities that chill free speech, and green for universities that have a hands-off approach to free speech.
The results of the Free Speech University Rankings were staggering. Forty-seven universities were marked red, including Oxford and the London School of Economics; 45 were marked amber, including Cambridge, and a mere 25 were marked green. Results indicate that 80% of British universities censor free speech.
Stifling free speech on campus is no longer restricted to Britain; it can be seen all over the world, including in the U.S.
Thank you M., Richard, Yucki, Don C., Maria J., CB Sashenka and Gates of Vienna as well as Wrath of Khan and countless people on twitter. So much horror, so little time.