One of the deadliest terrorist organizations in Africa has pledged allegiance to the Islamic State, according to a message posted online Saturday. If confirmed, the pledge would make the group, Boko Haram, which is believed to have as many as 6,000 fighters, the largest extremist group to date to agree to fight under the Islamic State banner, analysts said.
Terrorism experts say that the pledge, or “bayat,” is a spiritually binding oath, and that it indicates that Boko Haram’s leader agrees to be under the authority of the Islamic State group. But as with such pledges from other groups elsewhere in the world, including in Libya, it remains unclear how much direct control the Islamic State leaders have over their distant proxies.
2. Is the US giving Iraq to Iran?
3. We have indeed passed through the stage of an Orwellian world, certainly with North Korea beyond a doubt. and then into and past Kafka, and even Lewis Carrol and moved right on in to Dante Alighieri‘s territory.
Many children were among the dead in the explosions that hit two crowded markets and a busy bus station in Maiduguri, the region’s largest city and capital of the embattled Borno state.
The Nigerian Islamist militants have relentlessly attacked Maiduguri throughout their six-year uprising, which has cost more than 13,000 lives and security forces in the city have struggled to contain the bloodshed.
5. Maj. Gen. Qassam Soleimani heads Iran’s top Quds force
6. Mali nightclub attack kills five in Bamako
7. Paul Golding of Britain First arrested
(Pretty sure Choudary is still walking around)
8. Another version of the Ottawa jihadi video
Thank you TL., M., Richard, Don C., and so many more. More to come shortly.