1. Ben Shapiro: 1st amendment is dead
2. Fascinating look at the distinction between an action driven by mental illness and ideology. Article here at English Review, video below:
3. Carleton University in Ottawa, one of the universities that can brag a successful ‘Israel Apartheid Week’ every year, has a tribute alter set up to the dead king of Saudi Arabia. Here is a recent photo but many more are on this Facebook page. I am informed that this has moved to a more prominent location in the University Center but am waiting for confirmation and photos from there.
Wouldn’t it be an excellent idea for Carleton U students, especially history ones but any really, to study what Apartheid actually was and then look at modern Israel and Saudi Arabia under this much loved king and see if anything strikes them as odd?
4. France begins propaganda campaign to stop muslims from joining the jihad overseas by showing the exact videos (or parts of them) that Youtube pulled down.
5. Here is an interesting threat video by the Islamic State. You dont need the sound on as its just a guy intoning and whining in scribbly but its titled in English so you can put on some metal or jazz or whatever and read the text.
As usual, its a little cryptic. To really understand the threats and intent, one would have to be willing to look up the referenced scripture in it and possibly the relevant tasfirs of interpretation of those bits of scripture. But even without doing it some of it is pretty clear. I think one of my favorite parts, if a rabid skunk intoning threat-poetry can have a part which is a favorite, is where he explains the battle now is to force ‘monotheism’ on all the people in the parts of the Islamic State now conquered and about to be. There are other threats vague and specific and definite warnings to the usual suspects that add up to all who aren’t muslims. But not knowing this and not reading their propaganda strikes me as unwise. If more people had read Hitler’s book and taken it seriously, tens of millions of lives could have been saved by acting forcefully against him earlier. Here is a chance to preempt that kind of slaughter once again by doing the same. We won’t do it, but I like to think we have a moral oblation to try.
Thank you M., SeekTruth, Lynx, ML., and all. More to come. Also I would like to extend a welcome to a flurry of new people who have started to send links and post comments. Thank you. This is great stuff and we need people on campuses as I think a lot of people still do not understand the theater of the absurd they have become at this point.