I guess this means half the White House Staff would be arrested upon landing in Egypt. Let’s hope Canada follows suit.
CAIRO (AP) — Egypt’s military-backed interim government on Wednesday declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group, criminalizing all its activities, its financing and even membership to the group from which the country’s ousted president hails.
- Powerful bombing at Egypt police station kills 13 Associated Press
- Egypt declares Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group AFP
- Powerful bomb hits Egypt police station, kills 14 Associated Press
- Jihadist group claims Egypt police HQ suicide bombing AFP
- Egypt: Strong explosion rocks police station Associated Press
The announcement is aimed at crippling the Brotherhood and poses a dramatic escalation of the fight between the government and group, which has waged near-daily protests since the July 3 popularly backed military coup that toppled President Mohammed Morsi.