1. Muslim school in Australia closed for a variety of reasons. School is asked to return $9M it took under false pretenses among other issues. (It might be worth looking at the British schools which have been closed or are under close scrutiny for similar reasons and ask if there is a policy at work there rather than occasional crime or incompetence)
2. Obama admin. stop military chaplain from having a Catholic mass even as a volunteer. This makes a solid breach of what, 2 amendments so far?
3. Twin bomb blasts rip through two shops in Dagestan (As these shops sold alcohol, its reasonable to assume this is the enforcement of sharia law)
Russia has reportedly been taking DNA samples from religiously conservative Muslim women in the North Caucasus as part of its security measures for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
(This kind of profiling is so obviously the right thing to do it causes cognitive dissonance when you realize we do the opposite in order to appear not to do it at all)
5. Left leaning publication, the Huffington Post, features an oped which questions just how liberal islam really is. The article is in French but here is a google translation of it, which is pretty good overall. The thing is, while the article is good, the fact that it is in the Huff Po is what makes it interesting. Just perhaps the soft left is starting to figure out who the liberals really are, and are not.
[…] During my career, and even after I had to deal with several criminal cases involving Muslims of all ethnicities. I was able to see that we were not playing with the same deck of cards. For them, it seems lie, exaggerate, embellish, pretend, are not especially serious errors [..]
[…] The man swore on the head of his son a few months, taking” Allah” as a witness, that he knew nothing of the case. Faced with the evidence, he said simply: “I had to lie, it does not matter, you are an infidel.” […]
6. Muslim brotherhood in Egypt staging victim pictures.
Thank you M, Softly Bob, M, and all of you here. Thanks again!