1. Police stop wedding in Saudi Arabia due to brides face being visible and signs of affection from groom.
2. Bruce Bawer reviews Douglas Murray’s book on ‘Islamophelia’ in Western elitist circles
Like Virgil guiding Dante through Hell in the Inferno, Murray takes us on a spin through contemporary Islamophilia.
4. Middle Eastern buyer offers 2.1B$ for Empire State building. (Question: Does that make it safer? Or offer a way to demolish it with a legal basis?)
5. Has there ever been a time in human history when the supply went down, the demand went up and the price fell? Galactic history? Universal?
6. The killing of a teenage anti-fascist militant after an altercation with far-right skinheads in early June prompted fears of a resurgence of far-right violence. But the evidence suggests the leftists may have been the aggressors. (The question now might be, will this make any difference at all, as the judicial system has become so politicized that the facts seldom effect the outcome as much as the politics of identity do.)
7. According to a Libyan intelligence document, the Muslim Brotherhood, including Egyptian President Morsi, were involved in the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, where several Americans, including U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, were killed. (Think this will slow down US assistance to Morsi to suppress popular dissent?) Via Jihad Watch
A new book written by the highest-ranking Soviet-bloc intelligence officer ever to defect to the West claims that a secret 1970s-era KGB plot is the cause for much of the Islamic anger directed towards Israel and the United States, the UK’s Daily Mail reports.