Two things about this.
1. If not the papers, at least WE have to remember that this was not a “Radical extremist” that’s the enemy narrative. He was a religious muslim.
2. No, its not a copycat. Its small cell terror.
- Unnamed 22-year-old’s home was raided by anti-terror police this morning
- Suspect has been hitherto known only for ‘minor acts of delinquency’
- Victim Cedric Cordiez was discharged from hospital on Monday
- He was slashed in his neck and throat last Saturday in La Defense, Paris
By Peter Allen
PUBLISHED: 02:52 EST, 29 May 2013 | UPDATED: 03:49 EST, 29 May 2013
Arrested: A policeman leads the suspect in last week’s attack on a soldier in Paris’s La Defense district into custody this morning
A known radical Islamist was today arrested on suspicion of attempting to murder a French soldier.
The home of the 22-year-old, who has not been named, was raided by armed anti-terrorist police in La Verriere, a commuter town near Versailles, in the early hours of the morning.
Images of him are thought to have been caught on CCTV around the time of Saturday’s attack in Paris’s La Defense business district.
It saw Cedric Cordiez, a 23-year-old soldier, receiving wounds to the throat and neck as a man plunged a sharp instrument into him.
The French ambush happened just three days after British soldier Lee Rigby was allegedly hacked to death by two Islamists near Woolwich barracks in south London – prompting fears of a copycat attack.