What man holding bloody cleaver said after ‘hacking soldier in Help For Heroes T-shirt to death just yards from Woolwich barracks’
- Man tells camera: ‘I apologise that women had to witness this today’
- Soldier attacked with meat cleavers and knives in Woolwich, SE London
- Eyewitness says: ‘They were hacking at him, chopping him, cutting him’
- Two suspects waited until police arrived before trying to attack them
- Prime Minister David Cameron described the killing as ‘truly shocking’
- Theresa May calls a meeting of Government emergency committee Cobra
- Suspects used ‘a number of weapons’ in attack, Metropolitan Police say
PUBLISHED: 14:49 GMT, 22 May 2013 | UPDATED: 18:31 GMT, 22 May 2013
A dramatic video tonight emerged of a man with bloodied hands, carrying knives and ranting ‘We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you’, after a serving soldier was hacked to death by two men just 200 yards from an Army barracks.
The man can be seen and heard talking to the camera. The video came as terrified eyewitnesses saw two men shot by police marksmen after the machete attack in Woolwich, south-east London.
The two men are thought to have waited around for 20 minutes until Metropolitan Police officers arrived and then tried to attack them – but were swiftly shot by armed policemen, including a woman.
They apparently shouted ‘Allah Akbar’, which means ‘God is great’ in Arabic, and tried to film the attack, the BBC’s political editor Nick Robinson said.
Scroll down for videos
Shocking: This exclusive still from a video obtained by ITV News shows a man with bloodied hands and carrying knives speaking to a camera in Woolwich, south-east London
Chilling words of bloodied man is caught on film
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329089/Woolwich-attack-Two-men-hack-soldier-wearing-Help-Heroes-T-shirt-death-machetes-suspected-terror-attack.html#ixzz2U32nsJD2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook