They keep trying, is our security just getting that much better or the mustards getting more retarded?
The FBI has said it has thwarted a plot to detonate a 1,000 pound bomb outside the Federal Reserve in New York. A Bangladeshi man, Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, has been arrested and charged in a sting operation.
Latest ITV News reports
The FBI have released a statement detailing the operation surrounding the alleged bomb plot on the New York Federal Reserve, they give the following timeline of events:
- Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis travelled to the USA in January to conduct a terror attack on US soil
- He attempted to recruit others to form a terrorist cell with the US
- One of those he attempted to recruit was an FBI source
- The FBI, NYPD and Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) monitored Nafis as he tried to implement his plan
- He proposed several targets including the New York Stock Exchange
- Today Nafis met with an undercover agent and finished constructing what he believed was a bomb and drove to the Federal Reserve
- En route, Nafis told the undercover agent that he had a “Plan B” that involved conducting a suicide bombing operation in the event that the attack was thwarted by the police
- After trying to detonate the “bomb” from a nearby hotel Nafis was arrested by JTTF agents