COPENHAGEN, Denmark — A court in Denmark sentenced on Friday a 40-year-old Norwegian man of Iranian descent to seven years in prison after he was found guilty of spying for Iran and being accessory to attempts to commit murder on Danish soil.
The man, who was not identified by the court, “collected information about an exiled Iranian in Denmark” during the period of Sept. 25-27, 2018.
The Roskilde city court said it was “proven” that the information was handed over to a person working for an unnamed Iranian intelligence service. It added that online chats between the defendant and the person working for the Iranian intelligence service “weighed in” as evidence.
The court in Roskilde, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) west of Copenhagen, also sentenced him to be expelled from Denmark after having served his time, with a permanent entry ban.
An Islamic State-linked group appears to be regaining strength in northeastern Nigeria and is now warning it will target civilians who help the military or even humanitarian organizations
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria — An Islamic State-linked group appears to be regaining strength in northeastern Nigeria and is now warning it will target civilians who help the military or even humanitarian organizations.
The Islamic State in West Africa Province, which broke away from Boko Haram in 2016, had appeared weakened earlier this year by internal feuding, said Nnamdi Obasi, the senior adviser for Nigeria at the International Crisis Group.
But earlier this month it killed more than 120 people in a single week, including 40 in Monguno, a town housing an estimated 150,000 displaced people and a U.N. humanitarian base that was only able to repel the jihadists after hours of fighting.
“The new attack now suggests that there is a new flare to their violence,” Obasi said.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A Lebanese American businessman who was a key witness in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report and who helped broker the release of American hostages was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison sentence on child sex charges.
George Nader pleaded guilty in January to bringing a 14-year-old boy from the Czech Republic to the U.S. 20 years ago to engage in sexual activity. He also acknowledged possessing child pornography.
Nader’s name appears more than 100 times in the Mueller report. It details Nader’s efforts to serve as liaison between Russians and members of President Donald Trump’s transition team.
In the 1990s, Nader served as a broker to facilitate the release of American hostages held in the Middle East.
The convictions carried a 10-year mandatory minimum. The judge could have imposed a longer term, though prosecutors also recommended a 10-year sentence.
Nader also agreed to pay $150,000 in restitution to the Czech boy he abused, who is now an adult and testified at Friday’s sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court in Alexandria by phone.
5. a dollar gets you ten this guy will never be arrested for this and we already know if a white person says 1/100th of this kind of material, they will go to JAIL
— CoolTolerance (@cooltolerance) June 26, 2020
(Try to remember what happened to Rasmus just for saying Islam was non-miscible with the West)
6. It is very difficult for people who saw things coming and then took time and effort to inform others that this terrible thing was coming, not to be a bit of a dick about it. So… I guess we should forgive that aspect of this video.
7. Marc Zuckerberg seems to be ramping up all of Facebook to make sure ONE election goes his way. You can guess which one that is. Is anyone aware of Facebook making sure these kind of voting procedures have been in place for any other election anywhere ever?
We know of course, hate speech is only ever speech that interferes with a Marxist agenda.
8. Would Zuckerberg ban this hate speech on Facebook?
Probably only for those pointing it out.
9. About that brutal beating of a white clerk at Macy’s.
(2/2) ?? The attack happened June 15th – But the prosecutor says he didn’t get the case until Tues. He saw surveillance Wed. Brought charges today.
?? Here’s what he had to say about how the victim is doing …. #macysattack #macys pic.twitter.com/VdoTTgd3bI
— Ann Pierret (@AnnPierret) June 26, 2020
Hong Kong (CNN)China appears to have rebuilt and expanded a military camp in the Himalayas that was the site of a deadly border clash with India, satellite images show.
The images, from the US satellite operator Maxar Technologies, were taken Monday, a week after what has been described as hand-to-hand fighting with sticks and clubs left at least 20 Indian troops dead.China has not given any casualty numbers from the clash in a river valley along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the ill-defined and disputed border between the two powers high in the Himalayan mountains.Beijing says the deadly clash began when Indian troops crossed into Chinese-controlled territory and tried to dismantle a tent camp erected by Chinese forces in the Galwan Valley at what is known as Patrol Point 14.The new satellite images appear to show a large expansion of the Chinese encampment on the banks of a river since the fighting on the night of June 15.