(Personally I don’t let myself dig into gossip level politics. Its too hard to follow for a guy who can’t remember names and uninteresting to me. However that does not mean it isn’t important. Especially when there is a culture war going on, and it can be easily argued that the culture war is the one that really matters as it decides all the freedoms you are losing and worse, the compulsive behaviours you are about to be forced into. Warning ladies, the left may eliminate rape by not letting you say no to sex, for example. Everyone belongs to everyone else, right?
But Thomas Victor has a really interesting thread on the recent hysteria on Trump, who knows what and why they did it. Its very positive but its for people who think differently than I do, to determine its merits.
2. Just while we are looking at Tweets, The Dalai Lama disinvited from US campus? Seriously?
The Dalai Lama is controversial? https://t.co/phyBW6ZsIs
— Charles Murray (@charlesmurray) January 7, 2018
So whatever US internal decisions are not being written by the Muslim Brotherhood are being written by the Chinese I guess. Oh wait! This is why. Well then. Small price to pay I guess.
3. Next time someone tells you to “do the math” you can now answer, “NAZI!” like you can now with almost anything else you disagree with.
- A math education professor at Brooklyn College contends in a recent academic article that “meritocracy” in math classes is a “tool of whiteness.”
- Laurie Rubel says that even “teaching for social justice” can be a “tool of whiteness” if teachers still believe in “the myths of meritocracy and colorblindness.”
A math education professor at Brooklyn College contends in a recent academic article that “meritocracy” in math classes is a “tool of whiteness.”
Laurie Rubel implicates both meritocracy and “color-blindness” as ideological precepts that hold back racial minorities from succeeding in math classes in an article for the peer-reviewed Journal of Mathematics Education.
“Teachers who claim color-blindness…are, in effect, refusing to acknowledge the impact of enduring racial stratification on students and their families.”
Rubel, who taught high school math for nine years before becoming a professor, argues that while meritocracy is commonly linked to hard work and talent, it also “functions as a tool of whiteness” because it “ignores systemic barriers and institutional structures that prevent opportunity and success.”
I guess the only solution is a White only set of states so that non-Whites can implement any other systems they like and show whitey how its done. We all know that will be amazing to behold. And White people will have to live in their own states and watch the utopias grow and flourish around them.
We see this in Africa over and over again.
[set /sarc: = 0]
5. Seventy Three year old, Meals on wheels volunteers, stabbed by Muslim in Vermont.
(For those of you who remember our coverage of Vermont’s disgusting treachery of its own people by sneaking in tons of muslim migrants, I bet we can figure out if this person was a migrant or not by odds alone)
6. What are the words to, “Oh When the Saints go Marching in” in Spanish?
7. Italy coast guard rescues scores of migrants from Sea, while simultaneously paying the Libyan coast guard to stop them.
(Time to short sell the Euro)
Thank you Xanthippa, Richard, M., Wrath of Khan, Miss Piggy, EB., Charles, NorseRadish, and many many more.
Again, today is a cornucopia of horror in the comments. But the kind its rather better to know about than not know about.
More to come today and some great stuff planned for this week if it all pans out.