1. Turkey passes new laws which should be of great concern to those who wish it to enter the European Union. Not the least of which is one which forbids emergency medical care to protestors.
2. This one is a little abstract. Scientists have discovered a way of easily producing new meta materials. Materials which do not have properties typical of known materials and so, can lead to fantastical new abilities typically thought of as, at the very least, counter-intuitive. Personally, I think this article should be read in the context of episode 16 Season 4 of The Outer Limits, called, ‘Final Exam’. The premise of this episode seems more likely by the way. Indeed, not with a whimper but with a bang. This is how the world ends.
(Sergio is one hell of a great guy. He risks it all for the preservation of a decent society. On top of that, he is a skilled and talented [meaning powerful sense of creativity and the aesthetic] artist. I have interviewed him on some of his thinking and activism March 17/18 2013
4. Swedish court rules it is not illegal to throw someone out of a restaurant because you do not like their politics. However I am pretty confident this will only be a one way decision. If you throw someone out because you do not like their opinion of imposing sharia law on your nation, you will almost certainly be ‘done in’ for racism. Not to mention what would happen if you threw someone out for wearing a Che T shirt or a Mao one etc. On a related note, people who have had absurdly disproportionate reactions for misinterpretations, deliberate or no, of things they said on Twitter that were not spot on with the narrative. Frankly even if they meant it this is Orwellian. Here is Tundra Tabloids with what happened. Why the bar-owner was not arrested for malicious mischief is also an important question.
5. Turkey on the Syrian border yesterday
6. Russian police/soldiers remove 1 mustard terrorist before Olympics begin. Toronto Sun article
Thank you Fjordman, TL, M, and all who contributed so far today.