Now this is a headline you don’t see everyday.
- Threats made by Alireza Forghani, former governor of Iran’s Kish Province
- Unnamed U.S. officials: American embassy in Baghdad is a likely target
- Officials did not describe range of potential targets indicated
- State Department: U.S. citizens to avoid all but ‘essential’ travel to Iraq
- Iranian message was intercepted in recent days
- It came from the head of the Revolutionary Guards’ Qods Force
By Jill Reilly
PUBLISHED: 10:59 GMT, 6 September 2013 | UPDATED: 12:39 GMT, 6 September 2013
An Iranian strategic expert has warned that one of President Obama’s daughters will be kidnapped and raped if America attacks Syria.
Alireza Forghani, also the former governor of southern Iran’s Kish Province, warned of mass abductions and killings of American citizens worldwide in the event the Obama administration launches a military strike in Syria.