Reader’s Links for November 30, 2018

Daily Links Post graphic

In order to preserve the flow of conversation about various posted items, and also in order to make it easier for visitors to find the list of related links being shared by other readers, regulars and interested parties in one place, each day a post is automatically created at a minute past midnight ET.

This way, under the various posts of the day, conversation can take place without as much ‘noise’ on the various links and articles and ideas in the main posts and all the news links being submitted can be seen under these auto-posts by clicking on the comments-link right below these ones.

Thank you all for those that take the effort to assist this site in keeping the public informed. Below, typically people can find the latest enemy propaganda, news items of related materials from multiple countries and languages, op-eds from many excellent sites who write on our topics, geopolitics and immigration issues and so on.

About Eeyore

Canadian artist and counter-jihad and freedom of speech activist as well as devout Schrödinger's catholic

95 Replies to “Reader’s Links for November 30, 2018”

  1. Senior Turkish journo slams West for pro-terror stories (AA, Nov 30, 2018)
    https://www.aa.com.tr/en/turkey/senior-turkish-journo-slams-west-for-pro-terror-stories/1326440

    “A senior journalist working for Turkey’s state-run Anadolu Agency slammed Western media Friday for being biased in its stories on Turkish cross-border anti-terror operations.

    “During Operation Olive Branch, the Western media filed stories after regarding the PKK terrorist organization’s disinformation as facts, without consulting Turkey, and the basic and universal principles of journalism were overruled for the PKK/YPG terrorist organization,” Hasan Oymez, editorial director of the Turkey News Department at Anadolu Agency, said at a forum in Istanbul titled ‘Changing Threats, International Terrorism and Hybrid Warfare’.

    On Jan. 20, Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch to free the northwestern Syrian city of Afrin from YPG/PKK and Daesh terrorists.

    On March 18, Turkish troops and the Free Syrian Army liberated Afrin’s city center.

    Oymez put the blame on Western media, as they have done stories without including Turkish opinions and the news was filed as if the claims of the PKK were true.

    “They didn’t put out any corrections after their stories had been revealed as lies. The Western media doesn’t have the right to tutor Turkish journalists.”

    Oymez emphasized that the Western media doesn’t view the PKK as a terrorist organization even though it has been targeting the Turkish army and civil servants for at least 30 years.

    In its more than 30-year terror campaign against Turkey, the PKK — listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU — has been responsible for the deaths of nearly 40,000 people.

    Oymez noted that the PKK terror group has been operating freely in European countries and holding rallies despite warnings from Turkey, and the Western media looks favorably on the PKK and is publishing stories under the guise of liberalism.

    “Even though Turkey obviously stated that Operation Olive Branch had no aim to invade Syria and its goal was to free Afrin of PKK terrorists and it wasn’t staged against Kurds, the Western media published stories, opinions and analysis before this operation as if Turkey was targeting Kurds,” Oymez said, slamming well-known newspapers in the U.S. and the UK.

    “They published stories based on disinformation from the PKK and its partisans fabricated on social media as if it was true. And these are the leading media organs of the West such as The Washington Post, The Financial Times, the Daily Mirror and The Guardian,” he said, adding that Anadolu Agency monitored and analyzed some pro-PKK social media accounts and websites in order to refute PKK lies.

    Oymez also said the Western media wanted to portray Turkey as if it was impeding the fight against Daesh, but Turkey is among the countries which have suffered a lot from Daesh terror.

    “Now roughly 1,000 Daesh terrorists are in Turkish prisons. In Operation Euphrates Shield, at least 3,000 Daesh terrorists were killed,” he said, adding Turkey struck the greatest blow against Daesh, but at the same time, the country suffered the most from Daesh terror.

    Operation Euphrates Shield, a Turkish cross-border anti-terror operation that began in August 2016 and ended in March 2017, eliminated the terrorist threat along the Turkish border in the northern Syrian regions of Jarabulus, Al-Rai, Al-Bab and Azaz with the use of the Free Syrian Army, which was backed by Turkish artillery and air cover.

    To date, at least 319 people have lost their lives in Daesh terrorist attacks in Turkey, where the terror organization has targeted civilians in suicide bombings as well as rocket and gun attacks.

    The attacks included the twin suicide bombings of October 2015, which saw 107 killed outside Ankara’s main train station; a suicide bombing that killed 32 in southeastern Suruc in Sanliurfa province; the Reina nightclub massacre in 2017 in Istanbul on New Year’s Eve that killed 39; the targeting of a wedding in Gaziantep in August 2016 by a child suicide bomber who killed 57, many of them children; and a bomb-and-gun attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk International Airport in June 2016 that killed 47 people.

    Oymez also said Western countries left Turkey alone in its fight against terrorism, but besides fighting against terrorist groups, they should also regard the PKK as a terrorist organization and prevent it from holding rallies and spreading propaganda freely in Western countries.

    He added that the Western media also backed many coups in Turkey as well as the defeated coup of July 15, 2016.

    “After the July 15 coup had been defeated, they did stories because they worried about the process of Turkey’s fight against the putschists. It was not the first time that the Western media was against Turkey,” he added.

    FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 251 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.

    Ankara also accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.”

    • FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016

      Has there been a shred of conclusive proof to substantiate this oft-repeated claim?

  2. ‘Turkey, Iran should join forces to help Islamic world’ (AA, Nov 30, 2018)
    https://www.aa.com.tr/en/turkey/turkey-iran-should-join-forces-to-help-islamic-world/1326452

    “Turkey and Iran need to work together to find solutions to the problems of the Islamic world and for the unity of the Muslim Ummah, the head of Turkey’s Religious Affairs Directorate said Friday.

    Ali Erbas made the remarks during a meeting with Ayatollah Mohsen Araki, Secretary General of the World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought, in the Iranian capital of Tehran.

    Turkey and Iran have a lot of work to do for the Muslim Ummah, Erbas said during an inter-delegation meeting.

    He noted that the Islamic world has been facing big problems such as conflicts, terrorism, Islamophobia, poverty and ignorance.

    “What we need to do is work for the good of the Muslim Ummah by averting the obstacles through patience and a strong will,” he said.

    “We are responsible for the blood that is being shed in the Islamic territories, particularly in Syria.

    “We are responsible for the Palestinian territories still being under occupation. We need to exert more effort to resolve these problems,” he added.

    For his part, Araki said: “If these two countries [Turkey and Iran] cooperate, I think there will be big impacts on the Islamic world.”

    “Iran and Turkey have had effective roles in the world for decades,” he said. “I think the same process can be carried out again with a common understanding.””

  3. Nine from Sweden arrested for murder in Spain (thelocal, Nov 30, 2018)
    https://www.thelocal.es/20181130/nine-from-sweden-arrested-for-murder-in-spain

    “Nine people were arrested in Malmö, Sweden, and Málaga, Spain, this week as a result of a collaboration between Swedish and Spanish police.

    The arrestees are suspected of being part of a criminal network believed to be behind two murders in southern Spain. All nine are from Sweden.

    Three of the arrests were made in Málaga while the other six individuals were arrested in Malmö. The arrests came in a series of coordinated police actions at the beginning of the week as part of what Spanish police have dubbed ‘Operation Rueda’.

    According to the Spanish National Police Corps, the three detainees – seven men and two women – have links to a criminal organization suspected of carrying out two murders in the Andalusian cities of Estepona and Marbella.

    “These are people who are part of the criminal environment in Malmö and they are very well-known to us,” Petra Stenkula, the head of investigations in Sweden’s South police region, told Swedish news agency TT. “There are people who have previously been detained and suspected of murder, assassination, and other types of crime. There isn’t a single one of them who hasn’t been previously detained.”

    The victims of the Andalusian murders were a 36-year-old man who was killed in May outside a church in Marbella and a 28-year-old man who was found dead in his Estepona residence in October. The 36-year-old victim is believed to have been involved in organized crime and drug trafficking in the area.

    “These are brutal acts,” Stenkula said.

    According to Swedish newspaper Sydsvenskan, the six people arrested in Malmö are five men between the ages of 24 and 32 and a 64-year-old woman. Spain has requested the extradition of these six individuals. The three people arrested in Spain normally reside in Sweden, police said.

    Stenkula said that one of the men arrested in Málaga asked police if he was being detained for a murder in Spain or Sweden, and at least one of the detainees is suspected of other unspecified crimes in Sweden.

    Those who agree to be extradited will be taken to Spain for trial. If they resist the extradition request, their cases will be handled by a Swedish court.”

  4. Norway ex-minister charged with sexual abuse of asylum seekers (thelocal, Nov 28, 2018)
    https://www.thelocal.no/20181128/norway-ex-minister-charged-with-sexual-abuse-of-asylum-seekers

    “A former Norwegian cabinet minister was charged on Wednesday with sexually abusing three asylum seekers over a period of several years, prosecution authorities said.

    Svein Ludvigsen, 72, was charged with one count of taking advantage of his position as regional governor, and one count of exploiting the asylum seekers’ vulnerable situation, to abuse them sexually.

    “The prosecution authorities have charged a former politician with the sexual abuse of three people,” prosecutor Tor Børge Nordmo said at a press conference.

    The three are adults but much younger than Ludvigsen, and one of them suffers from a mild intellectual disability.

    The events took place in his home, countryhouse, hotels and even at the governor’s office in Tromso in northern Norway, between 2011 and 2017, according to the charges.

    Before becoming regional governor, the former conservative politician held several high-ranking positions, including the post of fisheries minister from 2001 to 2005.

    Ludvigsen, who was arrested in early 2018 and released from custody after five weeks, has denied the charges against him.”

  5. German court jails Syrian refugee for planning car bomb attack (thelocal, Nov 30, 2018)
    https://www.thelocal.de/20181130/germany-jails-syrian-refugee-for-planning-car-bomb-attack

    “A German court on Friday sentenced a Syrian refugee to six and a half years in jail for planning an Islamist attack using a car bomb.

    The 20-year-old, named as Yamen A., was in the process of acquiring the chemical products and materials necessary to build a bomb when he was arrested in the northeastern town of Schwerin in October 2017.

    At the time, Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said “a serious attack has been prevented”.

    According to prosecutors, Yamen A. planned to kill or injure about “200 people” with a car bomb at an undisclosed location in Germany.

    He discussed bomb-making instructions in online chat groups and repeatedly tried to manufacture the powerful explosive TATP, his trial at Hamburg’s higher regional court revealed.

    Prosecutors had sought a punishment of five and a half years, but judges opted for a longer sentence given the accused’s “determination” to carry out an attack, DPA news agency reported.

    “You wanted to take lives, and in doing so endanger the security of the state,” said presiding judge Ulrike Taeubner.

    Yamen A. arrived in Germany in 2015 at the height of the refugee influx to avoid military service at home.

    Investigators believe he was radicalized over the Internet by mid-2017 and became a supporter of the Islamic State group.

    Germany remains on high alert over the risk of a jihadist attack, having suffered several in recent years.

    The bloodiest, claimed by IS, was a truck rampage through a Berlin Christmas market in December 2016 that left 12 people dead.”

  6. LONDON BLOODBATH: 16-year old STABBED in BRUTAL attack rushed to hospital (express, Dec 1, 2018)
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1052818/london-stabbing-shepherds-bush-hammersmith-teenager-knife-crime

    “A 16-year-old boy was the stabbed in a brutal attack in Hammersmith and rushed to Central London Hospital.

    He sustained wounds to the shoulder.

    Police were called to Askew Road/Becklow Road in Shepherds Bush just after 10:30pm.

    There are no arrests at this stage.

    The victim’s condition is unknown.

    Officers attended the scene after being called by the London Ambulance Service.

    The incident is being investigated.

    Stabbings in London have risen 16 percent in 2018 as knife crime across the UK surges.

    Some in the capital blame London Mayor Sadiq Khan for failing to tackle knife crime.

    However, Mr Khan claimed it was police cuts from the Conservative Government which has led to the rise.

    Earlier this year, Mr Khan said: “The level of knife crime across our country is unacceptable.

    “We’re doing everything we can in City Hall to tackle this scourge but I make no apologies for relentlessly pushing the Government to understand that our police service desperately need more funding right now.”

    Any witnesses should call police on 101 quoting CAD8741/30NOV or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

    More to follow…”

  7. Belgium faces a ‘persistent terror threat’ and a ‘wave of jihadism’ because prisoners are being radicalised by Islamic inmates, country’s spy agency admits (dailymail, Nov 30, 2018)
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6446587/Belgium-faces-persistent-terror-threat-wave-jihadism-prisoners-radicalised.html

    “Belgium faces a ‘persistent terror threat’ and a ‘wave of jihadism’ because prisoners are being radicalised in jails, the country’s spy agency has warned.

    The State Security Service said Belgium faces a ‘considerable problem’ of extremism in jails and that convicted terrorists continue to re-offend.

    Belgium’s domestic intelligence agency warned today that the country faces a persistent terror threat, in part because of the radicalisation of prisoners.

    The country has already been hit by several attacks claimed by the Islamic State group, including the bombings in Brussels in March 2016 that left 32 dead.

    Attacks across the border in France have also been traced to Brussels-based cells, including the November 2015 assault on Paris targets that killed 130 people.

    Some of those behind these plots have also fought in Syria, where the Islamic State is one of several extremist groups involved in the ongoing civil war.

    According to the report, Belgium now has ‘a never before seen population of detainees jailed for terrorism’ that poses a greater than ever threat of ‘contagion’.

    ‘Taking into account the persistent recidivist tendency among former terrorism detainees, never mind radicalised common criminals, Belgium will continue to face a latent terror threat for some time to come,’ it said.

    The Security Service said the Syrian war continues to serve as a ‘catalyst’ for radicalisation and to push convicted extremists back into violence.

    It warned that those who will leave prison in the next three to five years could trigger ‘a new wave of extremism, even jihadism in our country.’

    In relation to the size of its population, Belgium has been one of the biggest sources of foreign fighters in Syria, with more than 400 departing since 2012.

    Around a third of these Belgian combatants have returned and many are dead, but around 150 are still thought to be active in the field, the report says.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*