High-level contacts between Albert Bourla and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen before multibillion-euro vaccine deal are under scrutiny.
Pfizer Chief Executive Albert Bourla has pulled out of an appointment to testify before the European Parliament’s special committee on COVID-19, at which he was expected to face tough questions on how secretive vaccine deals were struck.
The decision follows an audit report into the EU’s vaccine procurement strategy published earlier in the month that raised new questions about contact between Bourla and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen that preceded a multibillion-euro vaccine contract.
The head of the U.S. pharmaceutical giant, the largest supplier of COVID-19 vaccines to the EU, was scheduled to appear before the panel on October 10. The committee is meeting with key officials involved in the EU’s vaccine procurement process to draw lessons on how to respond to future pandemics. Other pharmaceutical executives have addressed the committee, including the CEO of Moderna and senior officials from AstraZeneca and Sanofi.
2. Dr. Paul Alexander: Dr. Gavin Newsom, sheepishly signs Bill 2098 into law, now going after doctors in California who he claims, spread disinformation about COVID-19; THIS GUY is a weasel, pusillanimous
Fifth Circuit Federal Judge Andrew S. Oldham reversed course for courts and the government when he ruled on Friday that America’s social media platforms, platforms such as Twitter and Facebook (Meta), do not have a “freewheeling First Amendment right” to censor people on their platforms.
Specifically, Judge Oldham ruled against a lawsuit challenging HB 20. HB 2o was a bill pushed by Texas Governor Gregg Abbott which prohibits those social media platforms that have over 50 million monthly users from censoring people’s speech based on their political viewpoints. The text of HB 20 provides that:
The legislature finds that:
(1) each person in this state has a fundamental interest in the free exchange of ideas and information, including the freedom of others to share and receive ideas and information;
(2) this state has a fundamental interest in protecting the free exchange of ideas and information in this state;
4. Another 100 doctors have asked to end the vaccine roll out now that no one is taking it anymore, and millions and millions of people have 2 or more shots already.
5. Quebecers are responding appropriately to the news that the Legault government set its policy by paying Pfizer and the Gates Foundation (ModeRNA) to tell them what to do.
Thousands of people have gathered in L’Assomption, the riding of @francoislegault.
They are here to express their disagreement with the way la CAQ has been managing the province.
— Alexandra Lavoie (@ThevoiceAlexa) October 1, 2022
The Freedom Orchestra is in Montreal!
Dehors la CAQ a l’Assomption et hommage aux 6700 aînés décédés dans le carnage covidien! pic.twitter.com/yd60uCoOnO
— Jane D’arc (VI) ???? (@RussoCarmel1) October 1, 2022
They don’t seem to even mention the news about why people are protesting like this. Which would be the CBC story posted earlier.
Thank you all for paying attention to these issues. When the media appears to be coming around to the truth, we know its because they are trying to hide a bigger lie, or to redirect our attention to the next Line Of Effort. Probably climate related. But we know it is not because the media suddenly wishes us to be properly informed, in order to make better decisions for ourselves, or vote on reality based information. So something stinks about this story, even though the core is likely correct. The Legault government may have taken its queues from Pfizer. But is that to detract from Trudeau’s totalitarian handling of things? IS Trudeau throwing Legault under the bus? That would be just like him to do so.