Ontario sets up armed border points between Manitoba and Western Ontario Armed checkpoints appear along Ontario-Manitoba border

Armed checkpoints appear along Ontario-Manitoba border

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced on Friday authorities would start manning the borders at 12:01 a.m. Monday making sure only essential travellers are getting into the province.

Without the snow and pine trees, drivers could be mistaken for believing it to be the Texas-Mexico border.

An Ontario Provincial Police tactical command vehicle has been spotted setting up along a highway from Manitoba into the province.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced on Friday authorities would start manning the borders at 12:01 a.m. Monday making sure only essential travellers are getting into the province.

Sunday night, pictures started to appear on social media of what appeared to be an OPP command vehicle setting up shop on an Ontario highway at the Manitoba border.

“Should an individual not have a valid reason to enter Ontario, they will be turned back,” said Ontario’s Solicitor General Sylvia Jones during a news conference Friday.

“Why are you coming into Ontario at this time? Is it necessary for medical, personal or work reasons? If it’s not, respectfully, you need to turn away until we deal with the variants, and until we get sufficient vaccines to make sure that our citizens are protected.”

Failing to comply with the Ontario restrictions could result in a fine of at least $750. 

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) believes that inter-provincial limitations on the mobility of citizens is a direct violation of mobility rights under the constitution.

About Eeyore

Canadian artist and counter-jihad and freedom of speech activist as well as devout Schrödinger's catholic

4 Replies to “Ontario sets up armed border points between Manitoba and Western Ontario Armed checkpoints appear along Ontario-Manitoba border”

  1. PEI ALSO, now. – The scare is about ‘cases’.

    – ‘We need to buy more time’: P.E.I. tightens border for at least next 4 weeks –

    Seasonal residents from outside Atlantic Canada will not be allowed to travel to P.E.I. until at least May 17, even if they had already been granted approval to enter the province, Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Heather Morrison said in a previously unscheduled news conference Monday.

    Morrison made the announcement as she detailed stricter new border measures to limit the importation and spread of COVID-19, and confirmed three new cases of the illness on Prince Edward Island.

    https://t.co/Wpjb1YCfbR?amp=1

Leave a Reply to Sassy Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*