This post will be updated as items are viewed and added. Thank you MissPiggy and C. and M. for sending in such amazing material. Whatever one may think of these events, the question we all should ask ourselves is, how far can we allow governments to push us before we fight back?
1. Covid Test Centre burned down
— Deutsch365 (@deutsch365) January 24, 2021
2. Another video of riots in Amsterdam and Eindhoven:
0:30 random escaped horse
1:16 man in bear(?) suit
11:06 supermarket looted
11:32 pavement broken up to use as projectiles
3. According to the mayor, the police was pelted with stones, traffic poles, golf balls, fireworks and even knives. About 1500 people participated in the protests, 100 arrested. Article in Dutch:
C. adds the following analysis:
PS Eindhoven is somehwat notorious for its soccer hooligans.who call themselves “the craziest”. I suspect the rioters are mostly from this demographic.
4. Minor (?) riot against the COVID curfew just broke out in the Hague, the Netherlands, in the mostly muslim area Schilderswijk. Arson, blocking traffic, police react with tear gas. Videos:
(The video above does work but you may have to click a few times or go to YT to see it)
5. Explosion (fuel tank?) at 0:30
6. Videos of the riots in Amsterdam and Eindhoven.
7. Eindhoven train station vandalized with stones, arson of a railway company car, looting of a supermarket, etc:
The mayor spoke out and called this “simply criminal behaviour”.
8. General mayhem
Looks like the curfew and lockdown in the Netherlands hasn't gone down well. https://t.co/obr556gYuY
— Ryan Rally (@RyanRallyOh) January 24, 2021