(Caution: Autostart video in Russian at link)
The State Department initially approved a weapons shipment from a California company to Libyans seeking to oust Moammar Gadhafi in 2011 even though a United Nations arms ban was in place, according to memos recovered from the burned-out compound in Benghazi.
The documents, obtained by The Washington Times, show U.S. diplomats at the Benghazi compound were keeping track of several potential U.S.-sanctioned shipments to allies, one or more of which were destined for the Transitional National Council, the Libyan movement that was seeking to oust Gadhafi and form a new government.
Last week, the New York Times ran an article by terrorist propagandist Diaa Hadid celebrating the historically racist practice of Muslim stone throwing at Jews. Hadid described Muslim stone throwing at Jews as drawing a “diverse” crowd… though I’m not sure how Muslims throwing stones at Jews counts as diversity.
Maybe the New York Times can explain that one.
The last time a Jewish man was killed by Muslim stone throwers, Diaa Hadid described the murder as an “accident”. The story was headlined, “4 Youths Held in Death of Israeli Man whose Car was Hit by Rocks”.
Apparently the rocks just threw themselves and Israel senselessly arrested “4 youths” who had nothing to do with the rocks.
Police spokesman Stefan Gustafsson later told Swedish media that the attacker was in his twenties and used “several knife-like objects”.
A hospital in Trollhättan confirmed that a teacher died in the incident.
Police later said that one of the two boys, 11 and 15, being treated for serious stab wounds along with a male teacher at Trollhättan hospital had also died. The attacker is also injured.
“The suspect has been shot and is being treated at NÄL (the regional hospital). He is seriously injured and is being operated on,” said hospital spokesperson Niklas Claesson.Police, who were alerted about the attack at around 10.10am, told Swedish media they had identified the attacker but did not disclose any other information about him. The motive was not immediately clear.
“When we first saw him, we thought it was a joke. He was wearing a mask and black clothes and (carrying) a long sword. Some students warned to take their picture with him and feel the sword,” one unidentified pupil told the TT news agency.
5. Cabbie named Mohamed rapes sleeping passenger in Oz. (Is that news anymore or is it now a case of cavete dormientis?
(An excellent example of defacto policy shift based on ‘real politic’ Vs. official politics where everyone pretends the US is what it always was for the moment)
By Dan Williams
JERUSALEM (Reuters) – It speaks volumes that Russia, rather than Israel, has been going public with details of a “hotline” and joint air exercises they have launched to avoid an accidental clash in the skies over Syria.
Israel is unusually tight-lipped about the military coordination, a reticence that officials and experts say stems in part from reluctance to signal any significant strategic shift away from the United States, its key ally but one that has reduced Middle East engagements as Russia steps up its own.
In a three-week-old campaign, Russian aircraft have backed up Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s troops as they try to regain ground lost to rebels during a civil war raging since 2011.
Russia has also sent in advanced air defense systems, fuelling concern that its forces could accidentally clash with jets sent by Israel or the U.S.-led coalition.
(I bet the Czech Republic has a few choice words for the UN as well, as would anyone who operates on one standard for all, and any sort of belief in truth and national autonomy)
GENEVA/PRAGUE (Reuters) – U.N. human rights chief Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein accused the Czech Republic on Thursday of committing systematic human rights violations by detaining refugees for up to 90 days and strip-searching them for money to pay for their own detention.
Human rights violations “appear to be an integral part of a policy by the Czech Government designed to deter migrants and refugees from entering the country or staying there,” he said in a statement.
The Czech Republic lies to the north of the main migration routes taking refugees through the Balkans to Germany. It has seen only a fraction of the hundreds of thousands passing through Hungary and Austria on their flight from war or poverty.
(Looking forward to the day someone breaks into a house belonging to a UN bureaucrat, steals their stuff, rapes a family member or two, and argues that it was their flight from poverty and a basic human right to do so)
The man that Copenhagen Police suspected was behind a series of rapes and attempted rapes in the capital was convicted on Wednesday […]
The court found the 25 year old, who came to Denmark in 2008 as a UN quota refugee, guilty of three rapes and two attempted rapes.The man will be held in open-ended preventive custody and could also face expulsion from Denmark and an entry ban.He was sentenced to what is known as forvaring, a sentence with no concrete end date. Under the sentence, the convicted appears in court after a period of five years for a determination of continuation. After the initial five years, there will be an annual determination.The jury also ruled that if the man is released from prison he should be expelled from Denmark and face an entry ban.The man’s lawyer filed an immediate appeal against the court’s decision.According to TV2, the man was born in Congo but raised in Zambia. He lives with his Zambian wife and their children in the northern Copenhagen suburb of Holte.