Police have erected an 8 foot steel fence around the perimeter of the EDL demo and warned Tommy and his 2IC that they cannot guarantee their safety. From the EDL website:
Chilling words from the Bedfordshire Police in the form of an “Osman” warning. This is not an April Fools joke, this is serious:
Bedfordshire Police has received anonymous information that a threat has been made against [Kevin and Tommy]. The nature of this threat is that he and his associates face being assaulted when they attend a planned English Defence League protest at Blackburn Lancashire on the 2nd of April 2011.
Due to your lifestyle and political beliefs Bedfordshire Police has identified you as being at very high risk of coming to serious harm and our concerns are such for your safety that we have suggested the following actions to reduce the risk of further violence:
- That you do not attend the planned EDL protest in Blackburn on the 2nd of April 2011.
- If you choose to attend the protest, that you do not inform anyone of your intention to travel or the method of travel that you intend to use.
- If you choose to attend this protest, that you inform Bedfordshire Police of your plans and allow them to inform their colleagues in Blackburn.
- That you call the Police immediately if you feel under threat from anyone, using the 999 system.
- I must warn you that if you fail to take advantage of this advice it may put you at increased risk of harm. You have a responsibility to act in a manner that does not compromise your own safety. If you need Police assistance [contact details redacted] and we will do all we can to support you and to make you feel safe.
Clearly the basic rights and freedoms of secular Western Liberal democracy have been abandoned by the British state and that same state shows no interest in preserving it at all. This, from the mother of all parliaments, As the Tetley Tea commercial says, “pity”. Please click over to the EDL site linked at the top for more.