1. Daily Mail: Armed and radicalized: Ranting ‘self-proclaimed convert’ New York hatchet attacker was a ‘terrorist’, say police
Earlier today social media posts made by Thompson cane to light, in which he called on Muslim extremists to attack America and wage jihad.
Commenting on a video supporting the rise of an Islamic caliphate – such as ISIS claim to have established in Iraq and Syria – Thompson asked: ‘Which is better, to sit around and do nothing, or to Jihad fisabeelallah [for the cause of Allah]!’
Comments from Thompson’s Facebook account were also reported on Fox News, who said he posted: ‘The solution is to fight. Armed struggle. Simple.’
He then reportedly advocated an armed revolution, saying: ‘America’s military is strong abroad, but they have never faced an internal mass revolt. … They are weaker at home. We are scattered and decentralized, we can use this as an advantage.
It continued: ‘They will not be able to defeat our people if we use guerilla warfare. Attack their weak flanks… If you get wounded who cares. If you die who cares. Eventually they will surrender and then the war will be over.’
2. “We have placed the pigs head in Woolworths to show these people of God that Woolworths is Haraam and it is not Kosher.”
Are you ready for your weekend facepalm? The ANC-affiliated Congress of South African Students (Cosas) has decided that a good way to show support for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, which aims to put pressure on Israel to change its policies concerning Palestine through economic means, would be to put pigs heads in the kosher and halaal sections of the nearest Woolworths.
3. Islamic State video, ‘Lend me your ears’ episode 5
(Daily Mail article on video here)
4. Taxi firm which offered white drivers on demand after two of Pakistani origin were jailed for sex-grooming of girls backs down after its Asian drivers go on strike
Minicab firm Car 2000, in Heywood in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, has reversed its decision to offer white or ‘local’ drivers on demand after all of its 55 Asian drivers walked out over the ‘racist and discriminatory’ decision.
Company boss Stephen Campbell, 34, said he had now told the firm’s operators to no longer offer the ‘on request’ service and said he would be meeting with those on strike in an attempt to iron out the issues.
(Why would the ‘Asian’ cab drivers strike unless they felt that most customers would ask for non ‘Asian’ cab drivers? If that is the case, why would that be? Are the English at a stage now where they will only deal with muslims if they are forced to?)
5. Numb to horror: Women walk past headless corpses in the street without raising an eyebrow in shocking video depicting life under ISIS rule
6. UK: Heavy Police activity continues to take place in Edinburgh as police report that there is an “ongoing dangerous incident,”
though have failed to provide any specifics about that incident. Police have declined to confirm early reports that there may have been a shooting that precipitated this activity, only saying that there is an ongoing incident taking place. The area around Royal Mile has seen significant activity, including reports of a helicopter circling the area and shining a spotlight onto rooftops and on the streets. Early reports of the increased police presence began to surface on Twitter, with people in the area wondering what was happening.
7. Rep. Peter King addresses the issue of ‘lone wolf’ attacks.
8. Paradoxical Effects and Unintended Consequences
(Gates of Vienna article on how government reaction to these recent events are, at least problematic. Please read it. It is worth the effort.)
9. Pakistan to bring in anti-cannibalism law after gruesome case of two brothers who had been digging up corpses and using them to make curry
(I dare anyone to find a worse headline than that one above)
Wait maybe I spoke too soon,
10. Ebola outbreak: Cases pass 10,000, WHO reports
(That is double the estimate I read a few days ago)
The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak has exceeded 10,000, with 4,922 deaths, the World Health Organization says in its latest report.
Only 27 of the cases have occurred outside the three worst-hit countries, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.
Those three countries account for all but 10 of the fatalities.
Mali became the latest nation to record a death, a two-year-old girl. More than 40 people known to have come into contact with her have been quarantined.
Thank you Buck, M., UK Pete, Don C., Wrath of Khan, and all. More to come shortly.