- Naomi Oni, 20, was almost blinded and will need years of skin grafts
- She was heading back to her flat from the bus stop when she was injured
- Had been talking to her boyfriend on the phone after a late shift
- Says the apparently random attack has ‘destroyed’ her life
- The shop assistant no longer wants to go out in public
- She was inspired to share her story by acid-attack victim Katie Piper
PUBLISHED: 14:17 GMT, 1 February 2013 | UPDATED: 16:38 GMT, 1 February 2013
A Victoria’s Secret shop assistant was scarred for life when a mysterious figure wearing a niqab threw acid in her face as she walked home from work.
Naomi Oni, 20, was left with severe burns on her head, neck, arms, legs and body after she was attacked in Dagenham, east London.
She has spent the past month having skin grafts and almost went blind, although she has now recovered her vision in her left eye and has partial sight in her right.
Shocking: Naomi Oni, 20, was on the phone to her boyfriend when someone wearing a niqab threw acid at her
Her attacker was dressed like a Muslim woman in a niqab, so Ms Oni could not see their face. Police have no idea who was responsible for the vicious attack, or why they did it.