H/T EDL Buck
- Threatens to carry out ‘earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying’ attacks
- Claims were made in a posting on the jihadist website Ansar al Mujahideen
- Names America, France, Denmark and other countries in Europe as targets
- Attacks would be ‘group, lone-wolf operations and booby-trapped vehicles’
- Warns France and its allies that they are facing ‘long war of attrition’ in Mali
- Site carried accurate messages before, U.S. officials say threat is ‘serious’
PUBLISHED: 10:45 GMT, 31 January 2013 | UPDATED: 10:53 GMT, 31 January 2013
Al Qaeda has issued a new threat to carry out ‘earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying’ attacks on the U.S. and Europe, it emerged today.
In a posting on a jihadist website, the terror group said the ‘coming strikes’ would target the ‘heart of the land of non-belief’ as well as countries aiding France in its crackdown on rebels in Mali.
The unidentified writer claimed the attacks would be ‘group and lone-wolf operations, in addition to the use of booby-trapped vehicles’.
U.S. officials say they are taking the threat seriously.
The message, posted on the Ansar al Mujahideen network on Sunday, carried the headline: ‘Map of Al Qaeda and its future strikes’.
It says: ‘Where will the next strike by al Qaeda be?